See all jobs in Wichita KS
Click Here to Apply for this position
Job Location: Wichita, KS
The Lab Manager oversees the safe and efficient running of ERI laboratories. The purpose of this position is to support scientific staff in a manner that fosters ethical conduct, scientific rigor, professional growth, comradery and a focus on scientific progress and impact.
- BS in engineering or scientific discipline
- 5-10 years in science or research
- 3-5 years of management experience
- Self-motivated learner, comfortable with new technology
- Critical thinking skills
- Compassionate with a true desire to help staff succeed in science
- Superior organization skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Document control, records management and reportingDesired
- Teaching experience, curriculum development
- Critical evaluation of scientific literature
- Programming experience, particularly in Matlab/SQL/iOS.
- Knowledge of statistics, data analysis, graphing
- Experience with human subjects and training in ethics
- Document control and data management (backups, validation)
Key Responsibilities/ Essential functions include
Vision Requirements Include Can be performed with or without assistive technology:
- Staff/Trainee recruitment, onboarding and training (policies, equipment use) includes administration of the postdoctoral fellowship program. Assist ED in ongoing evaluation and development of ERI staff/trainees.
- Innovate/create/eliminate policies and procedures to support lab efficiency and safety. Including development/evaluation of new training materials and software tools as appropriate.
- Document control, records management, data managment and reporting
- Maintain knowledge of lab equipment, tests and policies
- Oversee compliance with laboratory policies and procedures
- Operational support to ERI staff to ensure consistent interactions with other departments (clinic, marketing, accounting, IT).
- Resource procurement and maintenance, including library resources and vendor management.
- Support ERI visitors: Tours, travel planning, A/V setup for meetings, visitor check-in, study participant routing
- Report generation and creation of promotional materials, including webpage content updates. Weekly reports to ED and upper management, quarterly reports to sponsors/donors/advisory panels.
- Presentation of ERI research to technical and lay audiences
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned.
Envision, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without illegal discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, gender identity, disability, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, military status or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, and any other status protected by law.
- Required to perform activities such as: preparing/analyzing data/figures; viewing a computer screen; reading; inspecting small objects for defects; using measuring devices; and/or assembling parts with close eye contact.
Envision employs and advances in employment individuals with disabilities and veterans, and treats qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is intended to convey generally the duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive listing of duties, and it is not a contract, expressed or implied. Apply Now (opens in new window)
How to Apply:
Click Here to Apply for this position
Envision, Inc. is an EOE/AA employer
Envision, Inc. provides Equal Employment Opportunity to all people in every aspect of consideration for employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without illegal discrimination because of race, color, religion or creed, sex/gender, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disabled status, age, disability/handicap, medical condition (CA), genetic information, marital status (most States), sexual orientation (CA & CO), or any other legally protected characteristics (collectively, “legally protected characteristics”). Envision, Inc. Employs and advances in employment individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, and treats qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status. You may direct questions or concerns to the Vice President of Human Resources & Administration (316) 440-1503, or the Director of Human Resources at (316) 425-7106. This policy has the support by Michael J. Monteferrante, the Chief Executive of our organization.