POSITION SUMMARY (Briefly describe the purpose of the position)
Secure outright gifts and/or pledges from assigned donors. This will include the identification, cultivation, solicitation, retention and stewardship of Envision donors, and the coordination of the grants program. This position will represent Envision at community events, developing and maintaining relationships with donors and community leaders in order to increase the financial capacity of Envision.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE (List in order of importance)
- Broaden the base of donors and secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations.
- Develop and execute individual stewardship plans for donors, including preparation and submission of all required proposals and reports.
- Ensure donor-related communications are timely and accurate in order to promote the goals and mission of Envision. This includes any assigned donor concerns, requests, and gifts.
- Write, prepare and present major gift proposals.
- Collaborate with the Director of Development and the SVP in the planning and execution of Envision major donor cultivation activities.
- Utilize cultivation activities in order to enhance ongoing donor relations.
- Work with database administrator to identify prospects for major gift solicitations.
- Collaborate with grant writer and Director of Development to research, identify and cultivate new grant prospects for the organization; monitor for appropriate federal, private and corporate grant opportunities. Evaluate grant opportunities based on funding potential and fit with Envisions mission.
- Manage the grants calendar: monitor submission deadlines and reporting requirements.
- Maintain the grants library: program budgets, templates, stories, information and promotional materials required for grant submission.
- Collaborate with grant writer and Director of Development to prepare grant proposals and reports.
- Record donor interactions in donor management software.
- Attend community events as an Envision representative in order to develop and maintain relationships with community leaders and donors to increase the financial capacity of Envision.
- Collaborate with team members as needed to write copy for letters, collateral material, reports and other items as necessary.
- Assist with fundraising events and other projects throughout the year.
- Participate in planning yearly calendar of cultivation, solicitation, stewardship and recognition activities for donors.
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelors degree in Business, Journalism, Communications, Public Relations or related field required.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years experience as a development professional with ability to demonstrate consistent success with direct donor solicitation preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to:
- Work independently, conceptualizing and executing projects.
- Interact effectively with employees at all levels as well as the general public.
- Work in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Handle sensitive or confidential communications or public relations issues in a professional manner.
- Must be available for evening and weekend events, as needed.
- Must possess superior project management skills with the ability to coordinate activities and communications with various stakeholders and tasks in order to deliver high-quality results in a timely manner.
Total Number of Employees Directly Supervising: _0__
Number of Subordinate Supervisors Reporting to Position: _0__
VISION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE (check one)
Can be performed with or without assistive technology:
_X_ Required to perform activities such as: preparing/analyzing data/figures; viewing a computer screen; reading; inspecting small objects for defects; using measuring devices; and/or assembling parts with close eye contact.
___ Required to perform activities such as: operating machinery and/or power tools at or within arms reach; performing non-repetitive tasks such as carpentry work or repairing machinery.
___ Required to review/inspect own assigned work, the work of others, or facilities or structures.
Requires normal (or corrected to normal) vision/acuity:
___ Required to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment such as forklifts.
Envision, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without illegal discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, gender identity, disability, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, military status or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, and any other status protected by law.
Envision employs and advances in employment individuals with disabilities and veterans, and treats qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is intended to convey generally the duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive listing of duties, and it is not a contract, expressed or implied.
How to Apply:
Click Here to Apply for this position
Envision, Inc. is an EOE/AA employer