JOB REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE (List as required or preferred)
Education: PhD in psychology, biology, neuroscience, vision science, engineering, human factors or other field relevant to the study of blindness and visual impairment.
- Minimum of 5 years research experience (industry or academia)
- Minimum of 3 years leadership experience
- Successful grant writing experience
- Non-profit agency experience a plus.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to:
- Think strategically
- Develop written strategic and financial plans
- Understand the impact of research on Envisions business activities
- Orally present to expert and non-expert audiences
- Communicate effectively with scientists, engineers, software developers and business persons
- Strong logic and reasoning skills (e.g. programming skills)
- Knowledge of federal granting system
- Knowledge of non-profit and foundation grant opportunities
- Must be well-respected in his/her field of scientific study
- Work independently
- Excellent problem solving skills.
Total Number of Employees Directly Supervising: _2-3__
Number of Subordinate Supervisors Reporting to Position: _1__
VISION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE (check one)
Can be performed with or without assistive technology:
_X_ Required to perform activities such as: preparing/analyzing data/figures; viewing a computer screen; reading; inspecting small objects for defects; using measuring devices; and/or assembling parts with close eye contact.
___ Required to perform activities such as: operating machinery and/or power tools at or within arms reach; performing non-repetitive tasks such as carpentry work or repairing machinery.
_X_ Required to review/inspect own assigned work, the work of others, or facilities or structures.
Requires normal (or corrected to normal) vision/acuity:
___ Required to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment such as forklifts.
Envision, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without illegal discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, gender identity, disability, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, military status or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, and any other status protected by law.
Envision employs and advances in employment individuals with disabilities and veterans, and treats qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is intended to convey generally the duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive listing of duties, and it is not a contract, expressed or implied.
How to Apply:
Click Here to Apply for this position
Envision, Inc. is an EOE/AA employer