- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education, or related field, preferred.
Experience: 1-2 years experience in a preschool or childcare setting preferred.
- Working knowledge and understanding of early childhood development and education desired.
- Desire to learn and understand the needs of pre-school age children who have visual impairments or other disabilities.
- Sincere desire to help children learn, grow and gain new skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with parents and include them in their childs learning process.
- Ability to deal with emergency situations in a calm manner.
- Willingness to work in a team environment; be willing to share ideas and be open to others ideas; be flexible and willing to compromise.
- Must maintain a current First Aid certification.
- Must maintain a current CPR certification.
- CDA (Child Development Associate) certification, or a degree from an accredited university or college in a related field, preferred.
- KDHE Program Director license preferred.
Total Number of Employees Directly Supervising: _0__
Number of Subordinate Supervisors Reporting to Position: _0__
VISION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE (check one)
Can be performed with or without assistive technology:
___ Required to perform activities such as: preparing/analyzing data/figures; viewing a computer screen; reading; inspecting small objects for defects; using measuring devices; and/or assembling parts with close eye contact.
___ Required to perform activities such as: operating machinery and/or power tools at or within arms reach; performing non-repetitive tasks such as carpentry work or repairing machinery.
_X_ Required to review/inspect own assigned work, the work of others, or facilities or structures.
Requires normal (or corrected to normal) vision/acuity:
___ Required to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment such as forklifts.
Envision, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without illegal discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, gender identity, disability, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, military status or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, and any other status protected by law.
Envision employs and advances in employment individuals with disabilities and veterans, and treats qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is intended to convey generally the duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive listing of duties, and it is not a contract, expressed or implied.
How to Apply:
Click Here to Apply for this position
Envision, Inc. is an EOE/AA employer