Executive Director of Academic Resources
Ferrum College invites applications and nominations for the position of Executive Director of Academic Resources. This dynamic leader will oversee and further develop the academic support services, programming, and initiatives at Ferrum College in beautiful Southwest Virginia. The campus-wide support services include:
· The Academic Resources Center (ARC) provides a variety of academic resources including: peer tutoring sessions, one-on-one tutoring with an academic counselor, and peer-led and facilitated study groups. ?
· The Ask ME First Center is committed to providing first generation college students with resources that contribute to their academic and personal success. ?
· The Office of Academic Accessibility assists students with advocacy and provides support and accommodations for students who seek help and provides appropriate documentation of a disability. ?
· The PACE (Pathways: Advising, Connection, Exploration) Office is responsible for easing the transition to Ferrum College for both freshman and new transfer students by coordinating the course registration process for PAWS orientation sessions. PACE also assists students throughout their freshman and sophomore years as they enter into a major course of study. ?
· The Think and Learn Center provides individualized professional tutoring and academic support for freshman students enrolled in the Learning Community. ?
· The Panther PRIDE Program, an academics and career preparation program for athletics, provides advising, academic support, academic resources, and the development of career focus and skills for student athletes. ?
The Executive Director of Academic Resources will report to the Provost and serve as a member of the Academic Affairs Council. This campus leader will have opportunities to expand resources for our highly diverse student body and partner with campus offices to identify and implement new ways to support specific student populations (e.g., international, first generation, part-time, commuters, transfers, veterans, and NCAA Div. III student-athletes). We seek a visionary leader who is prepared to draw on Ferrum’s Strategic Plan, engage with campus leaders to influence policy and procedures, and join a campus-wide effort to support our students in their pursuit of academic excellence. Qualifications and Application
The Executive Director of Academic Resources will possess significant knowledge and experience in areas related to academic engagement, resources, and support. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in shaping academic support programs that aid in strengthening retention rates and strengthening advising across the College. Responsible for communicating a vision and strategy for all of the campus-wide academic support services, the Executive Director of Academic Resources will contribute to initiatives and lead a dedicated team of professionals. We seek a campus leader and colleague who embraces the mission of Ferrum College and who shares our commitment to academic excellence and holistic education. ?
Candidates must possess a minimum of a master’s level degree and five years of related professional experience. Preferential consideration will be given to those with a doctoral degree in a related field. The qualified candidate will demonstrate a strong commitment to student academic success, have extensive leadership experience in a higher education setting, have a proven history of resource advocacy, and possess excellent oral and written communication skills. ?
A comprehensive review of complete applications will begin immediately and will remain open until filled. A letter of interest, including resume, copies of bachelor’s and graduate transcripts, and three professional references including title and contact information should be sent to the following:
Office of Human Resources
P.O. Box 1000, Ferrum, VA 24088
Electronic submissions (PDF or Word file attachments) may be emailed to THIS EMAIL
Please Note: A background check is required.
How To Apply:
Interested candidates should submit a resume to
P.O. Box 1000
Ferrum, VA 24088
Ferrum College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.