Marketing Specialist I
Position: Marketing Specialist I
Type: Part Time
Already have an account? Member ID:
Forgot your Password?
The duties and expectations of the position revolve around your ability to provide solid written content, giving consumers a legitimate reason to do business with us.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
30% Create compelling content on all marketing activities including but not limited to the website, newsletters, posters, social media and videos.
20% Develop and write various reports including Annual and Impact Reports.
20% Research and write necessary grants to further the mission of the credit union.
10% Assist the Marketing department by contributing to ideas and suggestions to improve the overall performance of the marketing department.
10% Organize materials to aid in the training of employees.
10% Assist with product development and market research including recommendations for product/service modifications or enhancements.
1. Must comply with government and other regulations affecting the credit union industry including, but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act.
2. To provide accurate, professional and confidential support to VP Marketing in the agreed upon timeframe.
3. To provide informed, professional and personal assistance to all members, Board and Committee Members, Credit Union employees and business partners.
4. To prepare and complete all assigned reports and projects in a timely, accurate and professional manner.
5. To keep current with Credit Union products, services, guidelines, policies and procedures.
6. Coordinates internal and external Credit Union promotional programs/activities/events, which may occasionally require working after non-business hours.
7. To maintain a professional work environment and businesslike appearance.
Knowledge and Skills:
Six months to two years of similar or related experience.
(1) A two year college degree or (2) Completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school or (3) Completion of a specialized and extensive in-house training or apprenticeship program.
Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization, generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving or obtaining information which may require some discussion.
Effective relational, collaborative, and communication skills adaptable for all levels of the organization. Strong Written Communication Skills Required Must write clearly and informatively; Edit work for spelling and grammar; Vary writing style to meet needs and audience; Present numerical data effectively. Excellent organizational and editing skills; typing skills utilizing Word at or above the 75 percentile in speed and 90th percentile in accuracy. Advanced Mircrosoft Excel, Word and outlook skills level. Technical writing and presentation skills must be strong. Skill and ability to use and operate a keyboard (typewriter), computer, calculator, fax machine, copier and telephone. Skill and ability to read and understand financial statements, contracts, applications, computer printouts, manuals and other related materials.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, or kneel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed indoors in an office environment with normal potential for exposure to safety and health hazards. May periodically travel to other, similar sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising the position.
Freedom First Credit Union is always looking for special people to join our team. We offer competitive wages/salaries and an array of benefit choices. Freedom First Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran or marital status, or any other protected status covered by federal, state, or local law.
• Great Place To Work
• Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
• Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical & Dependent Care)
• Life, ADD, and LTD Insurance
• Incentive Rewards
• Named a Best Place To Work in Virginia 2 years in a row
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Time Off
• Paid Volunteer Hours
• Education Assistance/Tuition Reimbursement Programs
How To Apply:
Please submit resume to:
Freedom First Credit Union