Flint Hills Area Builders Association Administrative Assistant
Position will be flexible hours at times. Part Time (15 hours/week normally) with exceptions for some added hours prior to events and programs to help facilitate and coordinate. Occasional evenings and a few occasional weekend hours may be required for special events and social functions. Examples: Home Show, Golf Tournaments, membership meetings and Parade of Homes tours.
Provides administrative support, office organization and support to the association, including: answering and routing all incoming phone calls; acting as a receptionist for visitors; maintaining committee and membership databases; and performing all administrative/clerical duties as directed by the Executive Officer. This is a task based employment position.
Duties, Responsibilities and Authorities:
· Handle incoming calls promptly and courteously, providing assistance to callers, forwarding calls to proper individuals/organizations and taking complete and accurate messages as necessary
· Answers requests from the public for information or directs them to the appropriate agency that may be able to answer their questions. Greets visitors in a pleasant, business-like manner and assists with questions or problems or directs them to the appropriate staff.
· Assists with operation of association’s major events, such as membership meetings, Home Show, Parade of Homes, Annual Meeting, Golf Tournament, etc.
· Manages and maintains assigned aspects of association membership records and membership database, including, but not limited to, processing membership applications, membership dues billing, and internal and external membership reports
· Keeps the office area, common work area, well supplied, clean and neat.
· Maintains office supplies including a list of office supply needs and orders supplies as needed; contacts service personnel as necessary for office equipment repair and maintenance. File documents and assist in organizing the overall filing system.
· Prepares material as directed for the meeting packets for the Board of Directors and other committees.
· Opens, logs and stamps incoming checks prior to forwarding them to the association’s bookkeeper or EO. All correspondence may be monitored by the EO.
· Performs other duties as apparent or directed by the Executive Officer of the Association. Provides general support to the Executive Officer in all phases of association operations.
· Manages association projects and functions and supports office organization as assigned by the Executive Officer.
· Maintain social media outlets as needed or assigned. Helps with email and member database. Website maintenance and updates. Design aspects of brochures and flyers for events. Monitored by the EO.
· Sell and maintain sponsorships for membership and prospect businesses to support advertising sales for events and promotions.
How To Apply:
Applicants will need to email resume and or work history to:
Flint Hills Area Builders Association
Call for an appointment to request additional information on site.
These resume's will be kept on file for a period of one year from the date of submission.