Electromechanical Assembly TechnicianFoot Levelers, Inc.Roanoke, VA 24012
Reports To: Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: Complete assembly, test, package and ship our products. This position requires semi-precision assembly of small mechanical, electrical and optical parts. Strong work ethic, attention to detail, strong mechanical aptitude, willingness to learn and ability to work independently are key requirements.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assemble small mechanical sub-assemblies into larger device.
- Route pre-built cables / wiring.
- Transfer and load assemblies into automated test stations.
- Run automated test devices.
- Assemble device into final enclosure.
- Perform final system check / inspection.
- Receive and log raw inventory, work-in-process and finished goods.
- Package for shipping.
- Provide feedback to engineering on ways to better, more efficiently build product.
- Work with R&D group to ensure new designs are being designed for manufacturability.
- Perform incoming QC on all parts and take corrective action as needed.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Use both hand and light power tools on a regular basis.
- Ability to stand for 8+ hours per day.
- Basic math skills.
- Hand-eye coordination.
- Attention to detail.
- Regard for safety.
- Willingness to learn new tasks.
- Visual accuracy.
- High school diploma or GED, required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk and hear.
- The employee must use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
We know benefits are important to you. They are important to us too. That’s why we take care of our employees. From company-paid insurance to an on-site gym, our benefits are some of the best around.
The following list includes some of the many features of our total package – just a few of the great reasons to consider making Foot Levelers your next step.
• Healthcare plan: there’s no money out of your paychecks for your insurance, it’s 100 percent company paid! We also offer employee paid plans, including medical plans for family members, comprehensive dental, disability and life insurance coverage.
• 401(k) Savings Plan: helps you save money for your future.
• Profit Sharing: company helps you save money for your future based on the profit of
• Incentive Bonuses: from productivity or attendance bonuses to free lunches to celebrate a new record set, we reward the entire company for a job well done.
• On-Site Gym & FREE Personal Trainer: helps you feel great about yourself. Enjoy working with the trainer twice a week or use the gym any day!
• Flexible Schedules: allow you to work the hours that fit into your lifestyle.
• Employee Discounts: allow you and your family to experience any of our products.
• Holiday Gift: annual gift to help out during the holiday season.
• Fun: theme parties and company dress up days. In order to promote a healthy work environment and to reduce company and employee health care insurance costs for the benefit of all concerned, Foot Levelers will not hire anyone who is currently using nicotine products or who has done so in the 90 days prior to applying for employment.
In order to promote a safe and healthy work environment, Foot Levelers will not hire anyone who is currently using any form of illegal drug.
Pre-employment drug and nicotine screening is a condition of the offer of employment.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), the Company will not discriminate in hiring against an applicant with a disability if they are otherwise qualified to do the essential functions of the job applied for with or without accommodations, nor will we terminate any employee due to a disability as long as the individual can perform the essential functions of the job either with or without reasonable accommodations.