Embedded Software Developer Foot Levelers, Inc. Roanoke, VA 24012
Reports To: CTO
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Embedded Software Engineer will execute the complete embedded software development lifecycle. The goal is to create scalable and optimized 3D Scanning software systems.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Designing and implementing software of embedded devices and systems
- Designing, developing, coding, testing and debugging system software
- Analyzing and enhancing efficiency, stability and scalability of system resources
- Design and implement software of embedded devices and systems from requirements to production and commercial deployment
- Design, develop, code, test and debug system software
- Review code and design
- Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability and scalability of system resources
- Integrate and validate new product designs
- Support software QA and optimize I/O performance
- Provide post production support
- Interface with hardware design and development
- Assess third party and open source software
- Proven working experience in software engineering
- BS degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets
- Proven experience in embedded systems design with preemptive, multitasking real-time operating systems
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review
- Excellent knowledge of OS coding techniques, IP protocols, interfaces and hardware subsystems
- Adequate knowledge of reading schematics and data sheets for components
- Strong documentation and writing skills
- Experience with both designing and developing applications that interface with embedded devices over USB, Ethernet, and/or WiFi.
- Candidate should have an understanding of device drivers as well as cross platform development on Linux and Windows.
- A strong understanding of C++ using frameworks such a Qt is required.
- Similar development using managed coding languages such as C# is useful.
- A basic understanding of scripting languages such as Python and any UI development experience is for PC applications is a plus.
- Experience working with remote consultant/contractor teams as well as managing requirements. Capable of working with software development tools such as Git and JIRA. Experience or an understanding of 3D laser scanning and/or any related open source libraries is a plus
Education and Training:
- BS or MS in computer science, software engineering or computer engineering or related field of study
- 5+ years of experience in firmware development and testing
- Strong understanding of electrical theory and components (Electrical Engineering degree a plus)
- Familiarity with assembly languages generally, especially in the areas of C runtime environment and examining compiler output.
- Proven self-starter, good interpersonal and time management skills, and ability to work in a team environment with minimal direction
WORKING ENVIRONMENT /PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The work environment characteristics and physical demands are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required to observe all safety standards and rules.
- Required to report all injuries to his/her supervisor and Human Resources within 24 hours.
- Personal protection equipment must be worn as required by the job.
CODE OF CONDUCT
Required to adhere to the Companys Code of Conduct as a fundamental business practice.
We know benefits are important to you. They are important to us too. That’s why we take care of our employees. From company-paid insurance to an on-site gym, our benefits are some of the best around.
The following list includes some of the many features of our total package – just a few of the great reasons to consider making Foot Levelers your next step.
• Healthcare plan: there’s no money out of your paychecks for your insurance, it’s 100 percent company paid! We also offer employee paid plans, including medical plans for family members, comprehensive dental, disability and life insurance coverage.
• 401(k) Savings Plan: helps you save money for your future.
• Profit Sharing: company helps you save money for your future based on the profit of
• Incentive Bonuses: from productivity or attendance bonuses to free lunches to celebrate a new record set, we reward the entire company for a job well done.
• On-Site Gym & FREE Personal Trainer: helps you feel great about yourself. Enjoy working with the trainer twice a week or use the gym any day!
• Flexible Schedules: allow you to work the hours that fit into your lifestyle.
• Employee Discounts: allow you and your family to experience any of our products.
• Holiday Gift: annual gift to help out during the holiday season.
• Fun: theme parties and company dress up days. In order to promote a healthy work environment and to reduce company and employee health care insurance costs for the benefit of all concerned, Foot Levelers will not hire anyone who is currently using nicotine products or who has done so in the 90 days prior to applying for employment.
In order to promote a safe and healthy work environment, Foot Levelers will not hire anyone who is currently using any form of illegal drug.
Pre-employment drug and nicotine screening is a condition of the offer of employment.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), the Company will not discriminate in hiring against an applicant with a disability if they are otherwise qualified to do the essential functions of the job applied for with or without accommodations, nor will we terminate any employee due to a disability as long as the individual can perform the essential functions of the job either with or without reasonable accommodations.