Account Manager - Military/Defense Clientele (R1448)Responsibilities:
- Primary FVMT person responsible for the customer relationship.
- Manage key group of select customers as well as pursue further business opportunities with those customers.
- Responsible to keep company management informed of changes and trends affecting the customers business.
- Assists Manufacturing Engineer for defining how parts and assemblies will be manufactured to best meet customers requirements.
- Reviews associated costs for outsourced services in support of customers needs.
- Prepares detailed sales estimates including labor and material requirements.
- <!--[endif]-->Reviews/Analyzes actual costs and compares to estimated cost.
- Communicates written proposals to customers. and or submits to Business Development Manager for final submission to customer.
- Produces and maintains back-up of sales estimates as needed.
- Communicates with management and customers regarding shipment activity related to key projects.
- Develops, uses, and maintains estimating, delivery and project reports.
- Responsible to assure incoming customer orders are properly reviewed, entered and acknowledged for consistency with proposal terms when received.
- Keeps the customer informed of shipment activity related to the customer orders.
- Acts as the chief advocate within the company for the customers interests.
- Cooperates with other company personnel to assure we meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BS or Associate degree in manufacturing engineering or a similar field.
- <!--[endif]-->In lieu of degree, work experience in metal fabrication with hands on operation of multiple fabrication processes, specifically welding, machining, finishing and press brake operations may be substituted.
Experience & Requirements:
- Minimum of ten years, experience working in a metal fabrication environment with demonstrated knowledge of metal fabrication processes.
- Minimum of five years experience in customer service, sales or other position involving customer relationships. Knowledge of make versus buy analysis, cost accounting, and company financials that can provide solid basis for decisions being made related to pricing required.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in estimating labor requirements for metal working operations.
- Military/Defense contracting company experience is required.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook and an enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems; Infor CloudSuite Industrial (SyteLine) preferred.
- Knowledge of metal working equipment required (cold/band saws, shears, laser cutting, water jet cutting, press brake forming, deburring, finishing, machining, welding, assembly).
- Knowledge of inspection processes required (equipment including CMM and Faro Arm, non-destructive inspection processes).
- Additional knowledge in painting, thermal spray, heat treating, chemical coatings, stamping, roll forming and/or pipe bending a plus.
- <!--[endif]-->Working knowledge of AWS and military welding procedures and specifications a plus.
- <!--[endif]-->Blue print reading, ability to view drawings in AutoCAD and Solidworks required.
- Familiarity with hardware for assembly and finishing purposes required.
- Excellent communication skills at various levels within an organization.
How To Apply:
Please apply online:
Fox Valley Metal Tech, Inc.