Manufacturing Engineer (R1449)
Function & Responsibilities:
- Evaluates fabrication processes by designing and conducting research; applying knowledge of product design, manufacturing/fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Develops process and procedures by studying manufacturing/fabrication requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing new methods and equipment, and conferring with equipment vendors to help the company meet budgetary goals as well as performance quotas.
- Analyzes and improves manufacturing process flow efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, equipment layout cost reduction and throughput.
- Devise new solutions to existing manufacturing/fabrication problems.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and cross-departmental meetings to ensure collaborating and cohesion.
- Conferring with vendors in determining product specifications and arranging equipment, parts, or material purchase, and evaluating products according to quality standards and specifications.
- Estimating production times and relative costs to provide data for operational decisions.
- Create and maintain accurate documentation of tool drawings, design concepts, shop orders, and concepts in accordance with shop operations (VP Operations, Plant Manager) and quality assurance functions.
- Providing engineering support in production department to trouble shoot and resolve technical problems.
- Coordinating work with receiving/tool room personnel, assigned technicians, and outside vendors.
- Supporting company policies and procedures, goals and objectives, and good fabrication practices.
- Identify and assist in addressing safety issues on the manufacturing floor.
- Support manufacturing/fabrication production planning and coordination, execution and operations process development.
- Document manufacturing/fabrication processes and assembly work instructions with department supervisors and leads.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or Manufacturing related field from an accredited college or university.
- Engineering experience in manufacturing equivalent field; i.e., Industrial Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer.
- Associate degree plus 10 years experience.
- Metal fabrication/job shop experience 3-5 years experience.
Experience & Requirements
- Knowledge of up-to-date manufacturing/fabrication concepts.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels within organization.
- Must be a good communicator; verbal, non-verbal and written.
- Ability to grasp modern technology quickly.
- Ability to positively interact and work with all levels within organization.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- Enthusiastic, cooperative, and positive behavior.
- Experience with process mapping and demand flow technology.
- Experience with MRP systems. Experience with Microsoft Office Project and Visio.
- Experience with programming.
- 1 - 2 years Solid Works or AutoCAD experience.
- Ability to use CAD programs for design is desirable.
Specialized Experience: Proficiency in an ERP systems; INFOR (SyteLine) preferred. Product and manufacturing blue print reading, ability to view drawings and complete work in AutoCAD and SolidWorks required. Working knowledge of AWS and military welding procedures and specifications preferred.
How To Apply:
Please apply online:
Fox Valley Metal Tech, Inc.