This role is fully responsible for understanding the overall project scope and managing all aspects of assigned project including oversight of planning, design, procurement, construction, closeout, stakeholder coordination, scheduling, cost control, and quality functions. The Project Manager shall lead by example and personify the Companys Mission, Vision, and Values; taking ownership of their assigned project. Individual Project Managers may be assigned a group of several smaller projects or one large project to manage. Projects can be for a variety of aviation clients like airlines and/or airports.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish clear lines of reporting within the project and team organization, as well as define clear roles and responsibilities for the team members to increase efficiencies and to reduce duplication of effort.
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures, and performance standards within boundaries of company policy and contract specifications.
- Ensure effective communication is always maintained within the team structure and with Senior Management.
- Understand the JWI contract and the responsibilities therein.
- Responsible for collaborating with clients, sub-consultants, and contractors to define work procedures and resolve complaints and construction problems.
- Manage project staff and jobsite Investigate potential situations and implement corrective measures as necessary. Develop contingency plans in advance to mitigate potential risk.
- Responsible for all financial aspects of project contracts, including labor, expenses and staffing projections, to protect the companys interest.
- Maintain a positive relationship with the client at all times.
- Write technical documents, testing plans, and proposals.
- Ensure project documentation is maintained on a regular basis.
- Complete weekly and monthly reports concerning work progress, costs and scheduling. Develop a preliminary project schedule; coordule es abute internally and externally; receive, analyze and monitor the contractors schedule for level of detail, accuracy and logic.
- Represent company in project meetings and attend strategy meetings. Scdule able aminutes.
- Responsible for interviewing, recommending, and negotiating contractual service agreements. Prepare and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Provide guidance, direction, and oversight to junior level Project Managers on assigned projects.
- Responsible for ensuring that project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality.
- h listems; manage the close out process to completion.
- plans, specifications, and cost estimates.
- Perform other duties as may be required/directed.
- A bachelor's degree in construction management, architecture or engineering, or equivalent work experience; EIT or Professional Engineer a plus.
- 4-8 years of project management experience, preferably in engineering, construction management, or program management; experience in transportation, construction, or aviation industries is preferred.
- General knowledge of contract management and budgeting/estimating.
- Advanced interpersonal, administrative, and organizational skills, including the ability to negotiate and resolve conflict.
- Highly proficient oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong ability to balance multiple priorities, work and communicate effectively in a team environment to meet deadlines.
- Active participation in industry organizations a plus.
- Experience using MS Office suite and industry related project management software.
Management of Assistant Project Manager in project tasks
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance options for employee and family. Health Savings and Flexible Spending Account options available.
- Company-provided group life, short and long-term disability, and voluntary life options.
- Matching 401(k) retirement plan.
- Paid time off and holidays.
- Professional development and tuition assistance.
- Company sponsored social events.