This role is responsible to ensure the safety of employees, subcontractors and the public on the assigned project(s). The Safety Coordinator is responsible for enforcing local, state, federal, and client specific safety standards on the jobsite. In addition, this position is responsible for conducting employee safety training and consults with project supervisors to develop safe work plans for all phases and tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and ensure the safety of employees, subcontractors, and public.
- Enforce corporate and project specific safety and health programs as well as federal, state, and local safety standards.
- Assist in development and coordination of project specific safety program.
- Identify known/potential exposures and recommend corrective action.
- Report project specific safety performance and future plans.
- Develop, coordinate, and implement overall project specific safety programs.
- Work closely with field supervision to plan more complex safety aspects of the project construction including critical lifts, LOTO, etc.
- Develop project specific safety training for jobsite personnel including subcontractors.
- Undergraduate degree in safety and health or related discipline.
- 5 years relevant construction safety experience.
- Able to manage multiple, competing priorities in a deadline driven environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and influence supervisors, peers, and external partners.
- Proof of training/competency in managing crane, fall protection, excavation, scaffolds, and heavy equipment safety.
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance options for employee and family. Health Savings and Flexible Spending Account options available.
- Company-provided group life, short and long-term disability, and voluntary life options.
- Matching 401(k) retirement plan.
- Paid time off and holidays.
- Professional development and tuition assistance.
- Company sponsored social events.