Job Location: Manchester Village, VT
Location: US-VT-Manchester Village
# of Openings: 1
Category: Human Resources
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Are you inspired by luxury and tradition? We are. And we're surrounded by it every day. Connect with our history while simultaneously building the future of quintessential resort travel at The Equinox Resort & Spa. We are a team that often celebrates 20+ years of continual employment for our associates. People don't just come to work here, they stay ... and grow.
Our luxury property has a long tradition of providing unique experiences and genuine hospitality to prominent historical figures as well as individuals, families, couples and groups for over 200 years. Our employment opportunities run the gamut from part time and on call positions to long-term roles offering unlimited growth and advancement. Living and working in beautiful southern Vermont is a dream for many that can be achieved at The Equinox Resort & Spa.
We seek staff with a passion for travel, local food and drink and a spa-inspired lifestyle with a demonstrated team-oriented approach to work and life. We offer competitive wages, on-the-job training, benefits and perks and privileges including a FREE shift meal in our caf, flexible scheduling, competitively-priced insurance coverages, paid time off, FREE uniform, FREE parking and so much more.
Join the first luxury resort in HEI Hotels & Resorts' portfolio - The Equinox - A Luxury Collection Golf Resort & Spa. Apply today!
Conduct day to day operation of the Human Resources department which includes: Greeting internal and external guests to the Human Resources department, administer company benefits programs, conducting enrollments, answering questions and troubleshooting problems.
- Assist associates whenever possible with requests and/or information. Attempt to answer associate questions and/or address associate concerns in a timely manner.
- Assist in the recruiting, screening and interviewing for all management and non-management hotel positions. Assist the Human Resources Director or Human Resources Manager in directing and instructing the management staff in effective recruiting and interviewing techniques using methods such as verbal presentations and written directions to ensure the hiring and retention of qualified and effective associates. Schedule interviews and process related paperwork.
- Create and update Human Resources bulletin boards and other posting locations as needed.
- Distribute paychecks as needed.
- Maintain accurate and updated department and associate files.
- Explain elements of various benefits to associates as required and assist with enrollment and claims processing.
- Assist with associate relations events and recognition, as needed, e.g. Associate of the Month program, Associate Anniversary Awards program, etc.
- Process benefits enrollments and other functions electronically, as required.
- Monitor and update job requisitions as required. Communicate hotel job openings internally and externally, via bulletin board postings, telephone, letters, referral contacts, telephone Hot Line, etc. pursuant to Company policy.
- Coordinate all other pre-selection activities, including drug testing; reference checks, etc., to ensure compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
- Process all transfer requests in the required time frame.
- Respond to all interviewed applicants via telephone or letter within required time frame.
- Assist Director of Human Resources or Human Resources Manager in achieving goals and objectives as identified in hotel annual Affirmative Action Plan (AAP).
- Control the administration of wages and benefits to ensure the accurate and equitable application of same, analyzing and applying information retrieved from moderately complex reports, manuals and/or computer systems.
- Prepare correspondence and memos as needed.
- Maintain applicant flow log/data.
- Ensure all new hires and existing associates possess proper employment eligibility verifications.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Hotel experience preferred.
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning.
- Leadership skills to motivate and develop staff and to ensure accomplishment of goals.
- Able to set priorities, plan, organize, and delegate.
- Written communication skills to be concise, well organized, complete, and clear.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.