The Pet Emergency and Specialty Center of Marin (www.pescm.com) is known for our great nursing staff, fabulous doctors, a management team, thoughtful benefits and perks, and upbeat moraleall while doing what we all love to do!
PESCM celebrates core values such as respect, kindness, trust, appreciation, compassion, and dedication. We utilize a cloud-based management software which integrates with an iPad accessible patient treatment software for a paperless billing system so you can focus on what you do best, patient care and client service! Our clients benefit from a collaborative environment with specialists in surgery, internal medicine, oncology, and ophthalmology during regular business hours.
About the Job: As an Veterinary Technician in Emergency some of your responsibilities will include:
- Triage of incoming patients and management of clients throughout their visit
- Partnering with DVM's in patient assessment, diagnostics, treatments, and procedures
- Providing nursing care for hospitalized patients
- Obtaining and processing laboratory samples such as blood, urine, free fluid, and fine needle aspirates.
- Utilizing different modalities of imaging for patient assessment
- Executing, monitoring, and recovering all assigned sedation and anesthetic events
- Surgical assisting for minor (non-specialty) procedures
Our clinical team are experts in their craft and understand the high stress of emergency after hour cases. Your colleagues will support you and have your back and weave in some appropriate fun and music to help you work the night away with a smile on your face!
Benefits of working with us: Overnight and Swing shifts at PESCM comes with perks such as a shift differential, and 4/10s or 3/12 alternative work schedule while working with dedicated doctors and nurses making the wee hours a pleasant experience for everyone!
We offer desirable alternative work schedules, a competitive bay area wage and comprehensive benefits plan to include medical/dental, 401k, paid time off, scrub allowance, in-house Wellness Group, generous Pet Benefit Plan, Continued Education opportunities, and Commuter benefit! We recognize there are limited ways to travel to Marin, across a bridge, hwy 37, hwy 101.
PESCM is an Equal Opportunity Employer. PESCM does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, merit, and business need.