The primary objective of the Site Finder (SF) is to solidify our position in the market place by soliciting and obtaining permission from property owners to allow Planet Aid to place our clothing collection boxes on private and public properties. The primary method of accomplishing this will be through relationship building techniques, conversation with potential Site Hosts, an aggressive sales initiative and persistent sales techniques.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other responsibilities may be assigned):
- Obtain new sites to meet weekly sales quotas
- Develop and maintain relationships with site hosts
- Produce weekly activity and contact reports and associated internal paperwork
- Maintain computer data, contact management and other tracking methodologies
- Ensure sites are in compliance with local ordinance and permit requirements
- Clear snow and ice from around collection boxes during winter months as needed
- Notify Management of any Site that has a box needing repair, repainting, or any other problem resolution.
- Immediately report overflow conditions to Management and make an effort to remedy the issue on site to include removal of overflow items.
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATION/COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Associates Degree and Two years B2B sales, marketing, fundraising experience or educational equivalent or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journal or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, supervisors and possible hosts.
- Must be able to read, speak, write and understand Basic English.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Strong organizational skills
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Strong internet and general computer skills
- Motivated, energetic, and positive outlook
- Clean Driving Record
- Ability to drive a company vehicle with frequent stops throughout the day
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to walk.
- Be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Environment will vary with location and seasons of the year. But primary the Site finder will be working outside and will be exposed to extreme weather.
The statements on this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required by all incumbents. Incumbents may perform other duties as assigned. In addition, all Planet Aid employees are expected to:
- Promote teamwork and cooperative effort.
- Help train and give guidance to other Planet Aid employees.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and unobstructed work area.
- Provide customers with the highest quality of products and service.
- Understand and apply appropriate quality improvement processes.