Food Services of America
Product Sales Support Administrator
Job ID: 2020-6851
Type: F T REG
# of Openings: 1
Food Services of America
US Foods is one of America’s great food companies and a leading foodservice distributor, partnering with approximately 250,000 restaurants and foodservice operators to help their businesses succeed. With nearly 25,000 employees and more than 60 locations, US Foods provides its customers with a broad and innovative food offering and a comprehensive suite of e-commerce, technology and business solutions. US Foods is headquartered in Rosemont, Ill. and generates approximately $23 billion in annual revenue. Come join our team where we help you make it!
Supports division sales by addressing and resolving Territory Manager (TM), District Sales Manager (DSM), Chain Account Manager, Healthcare Manager and Major Account Manager questions and requests in a timely manner while utilizing detailed knowledge of U.S. Foods products, systems and tools. Primary liaison between Area or Distribution Centers (DCs) Sales, Buyers, and Category Management as it relates to customer resolution activities. Works closely with the division departments, particularly purchasing and category management, to support efforts with vendors and suppliers to communicate important information.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as the central point of contact for Area hub and market DCs for all internal sales inquiries related to product, specifications, availability, scheduling, and substitutions.
- Resolve external customer and internal sales questions in a timely manner, typically by phone, email, text or other necessary means either by determining answer on own or escalating to appropriate division / regional resources or external vendors, as required.
- Become subject matter expert in US Foods systems and tools to quickly and accurately answer inquiries including, but not limited to Prism, SmartDock, PIM/EPS.
- Execute sample policy to obtain samples for customers and/or Territory Managers
- Develop and maintain current knowledge and resources to be able to answer questions regarding, but not limited to product availability, delivery schedule, broker contact and line information, product information and specification, product selection and substitutes.
- Prioritize requests based on urgency and customer status.
- Develop broker and vendor contacts along with using internal resource pool to independently address and follow up on sales inquiries.
- Develop product category knowledge in order to suggest substitute product when necessary.
Education/Training: College degree or equivalent distribution or food service supply chain experience required.
Related Experience: Minimum 2 years of purchasing, merchandising, sales or customer service experience is required, preferably in a foodservice distribution environment. Previous US. Foods experience preferred. PRISM skills preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office especially Microsoft Word and Excel. Must be extremely organized, analytical and possess highly developed written/oral communication and interpersonal skills. Must be external and internal customer service focused. Ability to research, escalate and follow up on inquires with a great sense of urgency including times when that communication requires input from internal resources not located in the same building. Must have the ability to overcome objections and obstacles with a solution based attitude.
Ability to pass a background check, pre-employment drug screen test.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status