This role is responsible for managing all aspects of the assigned project(s) at the Denver International Airport, including but not limited to the planning, implementation, construction, cost efficiency, client satisfaction and scheduling.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of company policy and contract specifications.
- Responsible for collaborating with clients, sub-consultants, and contractors to define work procedures and resolve complaints and construction problems.
- Manage project staff and job site construction activities. Investigate potential situations and implement corrective measures as necessary.
- Complete weekly and monthly reports concerning work progress, costs and scheduling. Produce project schedule; coordinate schedule updates and distribute accordingly.
- Represent company in project meetings and attend strategy meetings. Schedule and lead project meetings.
- Responsible for interviewing, recommending, and negotiating contractual service agreements. Prepare and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Responsible for all financial aspects of project contracts, including labor and expenses, to protect companys interest and simultaneously maintain a positive relationship with the client.
- Write technical documents, testing plans, and proposals.
- Produce and review design plans, specifications, and cost estimates.
- Provide guidance, direction, and oversight to junior level project managers on assigned projects.
- Responsible for ensuring that project deliverables are on time, within budget and above the required level of quality.
- Prepare and monitor punch list items and manage the close out process.
- Perform other duties as assigned/directed.
- A bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, construction management; EIT or Professional Engineer a plus.
- 3-7 years of experience, preferably in engineering, project or construction management; aviation or construction industries preferred.
- Advanced interpersonal, administrative, and organizational skills, including the ability to negotiate and resolve conflict.
- Highly proficient oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong ability to balance multiple priorities, work and communicate effectively in a team environment and meet deadlines.
- Experience using MS Office suite and industry related project management software; Microstation or AutoCAD a plus
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance options for employee and family. Health Savings Account option available.
- Company-provided group life, short and long term disability, and voluntary life options.
- Matching 401(k) retirement plan.
- Paid time off and holidays.
- Professional development and tuition assistance.
- Company sponsored social events.