Serve as the Account Manager and strategic advisor to clients on their retirement programs, and the Wealth Practice Leader for Buck's Atlanta office. The incumbent will leverage their deep knowledge of defined benefit pension plan designs, regulations, and risk management strategies to provide expert actuarial consulting advice to plan sponsors on the management of cost, financial volatility, and legislative requirements for their retirement plans. Account management responsibilities focus on, but are not limited to, building strong referenceable client relationships, maintaining a profitable book of business, and achieving revenue growth through the expansion of business with existing clients and the pursuit of new logo clients. The Wealth Practice Leader will also lead business development efforts, supervise other Wealth Practice staff, and be responsible for the overall financial performance of the Atlanta Wealth Practice.
Duties and Responsibilities
Leads consulting services for clients with a primary focus on retirement and pension risk management services of the Wealth Practice. Serves as the lead consulting actuary and strategic advisor for client finance and benefits departments, while regularly seeking to expand client contacts into other areas.
Specific responsibilities include
- Maintain operational efficiency and profitability of Wealth Practice services while obtaining positive year over year revenue growth
- Partner with leaders in other Practices, regional business leaders, and sales staff on new logo pursuits, national wealth practice and cross-practice initiatives, and client at-risk retention efforts
- Actively promote Buck's Wealth Practice services within the Atlanta and broader southeastern U.S. marketplace leveraging a network of relationships built from prior consulting and sales activities
- Serves as supervisor and mentor for senior level Wealth Practice staff
- Lead recruiting, goal setting, performance measurement, issue resolution, and all other operational functions of the Atlanta Wealth Practice
- Oversee the delivery of annual recurring and ad-hoc projects for clients' benefit plans
- Seeks to achieve continuous improvement and growth of personal and Wealth Practice performance
- Lead client teams on the preparation and delivery of complex projects that enable clients to effectively manage the cost and risk of their defined benefit pension plans. This includes projects such plan design studies, actuarial experience studies, non-discrimination testing, lump sum windows, annuity purchases, as well as investment and funding policy review and advice
- Provide expert advice and guidance for clients and team members on special one-time pension accounting charges under SFAS 88, and PPA's benefit restrictions under IRC Section 436
- Ensure client satisfaction through timely and accurate delivery of services with a goal of 100% client referenceability
- Educate clients and prospects on the latest hot topics and trends in benefits and HR management
- Identify opportunities for additional services with clients and prospects; lead their pursuit personally incorporating other Wealth Practice staff and subject matter experts as appropriate
- Qualifications and Experience Required
- Minimum of 15 years of pension actuarial consulting experience
- Significant experience leading client teams and serving in supervisory roles
- Bachelor's Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Finance, or other closely related field
- Strong attention to detail, project management skills, and business acumen
- Proficient user of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
BUCK- A 102-year-oldfirm that isJUST GETTING STARTED.
At Buck, our people make the difference. Founded over 100 years ago, we help deliver on the promise of tomorrow...today. Our health, wealth, technology and consulting services allow us to deliver on theMANYneeds of our clients by drawing on our strength,DIVERSITY, and experiences in creating outcomes. This means we meet our clients where they are in the creation of their future while being respectfully bold in providing practical solutions to new realities. We honor our commitments and leave things better than when we started. We are a team of difference makers in global locations that have each other's backs working together as a team. What's your next move?
We are excited to be hiring for many new roles; please take a look at all of our open positions at:https://jobs.buckglobal.com/
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
At Buck, we're exclusively focused on helping our clients and their people succeed together. By this, we mean we're partnering with some of the world's most forward-thinking companies to re-envision and re-design the way that employees work and live. And we're doing this by finding the right combination of consulting, outsourcing, and technology solutions to help our clients realize the best organizational performance for their businesses while driving positive health, wealth, and career outcomes for their people.