Delivery/Subject Matter Expertise
• Provide strategic actuarial leadership for Atlanta Health clients
• Support Chief Actuary with program analysis, pricing and new business impact analysis
• Achieves billable hours goal
• Understands and meets the financial reporting requirements of the firm
• Participates in developing creative, strategic, proactive and technically correct advice for clients
• Displays strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to articulate complex concepts
• Actively participates in client meetings to gather information, to establish needs, to clarify expectations, to develop strategy and to obtain feedback
• Ensures quality services are provided to clients (e.g. compliance with the peer review policy established for the practice)
• Contributes to advancement of the firm by seeking to learn and to share best practices
• Keeps abreast of developments in the field and of clients to maintain technical and professional expertise and to provide timely and informed advice to clients
• Prepares and adheres to schedules and budgets resulting in on-time, profitable projects
• Participates in AE billing decisions and bill preparation assuring high collection rates and retention of clients
• Delegates work to junior staff
• Organizes client meetings to gather information and to develop strategy for clients
• Consistently seeks to improve the level of service and capabilities for clients
• Demonstrates ability to market new Buck products and improve business relationships with existing and prospective clients using cross selling and other marketing techniques
• Maintains working relationship across all Buck/ACS lines of business
• Identifies revenue opportunities with clients and prospects and lends support in closing opportunities
• Works closely with the Client Strategy practice on promoting H&P services and sourcing new opportunities via email campaigns, seminars, association networking, etc...
• Ensures that best teams are assembled in response to client opportunities within the practice
• Consistently networks with current and former clients for business development opportunities
• Contribute to revenue growth
Leadership,Innovation and Collaboration
• People development leadership (examples may include: recruiting, training, coaching, mentoring, managing, encouraging collaboration, promoting creativity, supporting innovation teams, and otherwise developing self and others)
• Thought leadership and innovation (examples may include: participating in developing new products, services, bundled solutions, authoring or contributing to white papers or external articles, blogging, participating in communities).
• Building market recognition (examples may include: speaking engagements, panel discussions or webcasts, professional involvement, supporting others in these efforts, or supporting sales and marketing campaigns)
• Sharing and Collaboration (examples may include: contributing client deliverables to the Consultant Work Product Library; submitting ideas to the Idea Management System; sharing ideas, best practices, approaches, templates, tools, etc. with colleagues on a formal or informal basis)
• Serving as a Subject Matter Resource (responding to media inquiries on specified topics, being available to provide advice and consultation to colleagues and others' clients)
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in the human resource benefits consulting field required
• Master's degree preferred
• 10 years or more experience in the human resources field including benefits, consulting, technology, administration, etc... required
• 5 or more years in a leadership role with responsibility for direct reports preferred
• Associate in the Society of Actuaries (ASA) or Fellow in the Society of Actuaries required
BUCK- A 102-year-oldfirm that isJUST GETTING STARTED.
At Buck, our people make the difference. Founded over 100 years ago, we help deliver on the promise of tomorrow...today. Our health, wealth, technology and consulting services allow us to deliver on theMANYneeds of our clients by drawing on our strength,DIVERSITY, and experiences in creating outcomes. This means we meet our clients where they are in the creation of their future while being respectfully bold in providing practical solutions to new realities. We honor our commitments and leave things better than when we started. We are a team of difference makers in global locations that have each other's backs working together as a team. What's your next move?
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
At Buck, we're exclusively focused on helping our clients and their people succeed together. By this, we mean we're partnering with some of the world's most forward-thinking companies to re-envision and re-design the way that employees work and live. And we're doing this by finding the right combination of consulting, outsourcing, and technology solutions to help our clients realize the best organizational performance for their businesses while driving positive health, wealth, and career outcomes for their people.