The Senior Accountant at Avidia Bank will perform a variety of accounting activities in conformance with established Bank policies and procedures while mentoring the Banks accounting department
Performs any functions necessary, within scope of authority and expertise, to provide the highest level of service and responsiveness to customers:
- Perform reconciliations on general ledger and bank checking accounts. Reconciliation frequency varies by account; daily, monthly, quarterly, and annually.
- Organizes and monitors reconciliation file; communicates with other departments as necessary to clear or correct outstanding items
- Processes incoming and outgoing funds transfers
- Updates ancillary ledger systems, such as investments, prepaids and fixed assets.
- Process month end close for ancillary ledger systems
- Assist in performing month end closing
- Gather support documentation for auditors and examiners as needed.
- Responds to and resolves (internal & external) customer inquiries and/or problems.
- Communicates with vendors regarding issues and/or problems.
- Be fully cross-trained and serve as backup for all accounting responsibilities
- Support the accounting department by serving as a resource for junior staff in answering day to day questions and assisting with resolution of more complex issues.
- Develop and maintain up-to-date procedures for the Senior Accountants responsibilities and assist more junior staff with development and maintenance of procedures describing their tasks.
- Serves as resource to other bank departments on transaction handling or bank financial information
- Performs a variety of administrative support duties as required
- Keeps abreast of regulatory and competitive developments within the area of accounting by attending relevant seminars and conferences.
- Performs all duties in accordance with prescribed regulatory compliance guidelines
- Supports all bank departments in various tasks
- Serve as backup in absence of Assistant Controller and accounting staff
- Performs related and unrelated duties as may be required
- 5+ years of bank accounting experience
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Thorough understanding of accounting principles with good organizational and customer service skills
- Attention to detail, accuracy and proficiency in Microsoft Office Products
- Knowledge of Fiserv Accounting Package or FIS core processing system a plus but not required