International Private Bank (IPB) is seeking a Senior Fund Accountant in St Croix, US Virgin Islands. IPB is a single-family private investment firm with investments in Private Equity, Real Estate, and Marketable Securities. This position will have responsibilities within the Fund Administration/Fund Accounting team ensuring continuous communication with General Partners, Internal Teams, and Investors. There will be a primary focus on the preparation and analysis of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements. The position will also play a strong role in the preparation of recurring schedules related to the performance metrics of funds and waterfalls. A candidate should possess a strong willingness to succeed and exceed expectations.
- Prepare monthly financial statements to include reconciliation, footnotes, and assist with year-end audit processes.
- Maintain and review entity trial balances on an ongoing basis to ensure accuracy and full reconciliation of investment activities.
- Assist with all aspects of the investor commitments, contributions, and remaining commitments to distributing capital call and distribution notifications.
- Calculation of waterfalls and capital account allocations.
- Record and/or review monthly and quarterly investment performance data across various funds and entities within the fund accounting system.
- Prepare and/or review daily capital calls and distributions with further reconciliation of cash and accrual related journal entries. Maintain schedules and central trackers on all fund deliverables.
- Organize, review, and communicate capital calls to the Treasury team on a weekly or ad hoc basis.
- Ensure funds are paid and received according to notice due dates.
- Prepare monthly or quarterly valuations from investments to include accurate portfolio reporting and reconciliation.
- Organize data received with focus on clear and concise communication to management.
- Ensure compliance with all legal documentation.
- Maintain working relationships with all investor contacts, internal teams, auditors, tax, and legal teams.
- Other ad hoc request and special projects within the IPB team including, but not limited to assistance with periodic management reporting and investor schedules.
- 4+ years of Fund Accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or CPA candidate a plus
- Previous experience or understanding of alternative investments, private equity, and real estate preferred.
- Experience with Investran fund accounting software or similar system is preferred, but not required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office with advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- Initiative. Ability to manage multiple tasks at a fast pace.
- Strong organization, planning, and analytical skills with high attention to detail.
- A high level of respect and discretion for confidential information.
- Fluent in English; strong written and verbal communication skills.