IT Systems Administrator
Lewisville, TX (NSC)
BayMark Health Services is looking for a Systems Administrator. The Systems Administrator is responsible for providing Tier 3 Support to the IT Organization and regional offices where applicable. They will work closely with other team members to collectively design, enhance and support the overall technical infrastructure of the organization. They will be responsible for supporting the daily operation of LAN/WAN/WLAN and VPN communications, including data traffic, data security, and patch management. They will interact directly with staff locally and remotely as well as third party technicians and vendors. They must be proactive in their efforts and possess the technical experience and aptitude to work on multiple levels of the technology stack (hardware, operating systems, and applications) and with a wide variety of hardware/network solutions.
The Systems Administrator needs to be able to work independently under minimal supervision, and at times work during non-business hours as needed. In addition, the Systems Administrator will be involved in project work supporting the internal organization along with assisting in the integration of current and future acquisitions. They will need to be able to travel, at any moment, to remote offices to assist with business impacting outages.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage Local Area Networks, Wide Area Networks, Wireless, Firewalls, Switches, Routers, Configuration Backups and other network-related systems
- Assist in efforts to develop, design, optimize, and document network topology and architecture to support systems reliability, security, scalability, management, data integrity and performance, including providing critical support in areas of network engineering configuration and deployment assistance
- Assist with the installation of Broadband and WAN circuits
- Maintain routing equipment, firewall equipment, server systems and telecommunications systems
- Manage and frequently update network configuration settings for internal and external systems, including setting up DNS, DHCP, QoS, VPN, VLANs and firewall settings
- Create and modify router and switch configurations
- Coordinate install, repair or maintenance of network and telecom hardware equipment
- Document and log changes to network equipment, computer systems, and other equipment
- Ensure compliance with IT Security and Governance processes, such as Change and Release as well as healthcare industry regulations
- Ensures all analog, broadband and WAN circuits are operational in accordance with vendor specifications
- Knowledgeable in the practice of maintaining, monitoring, and troubleshooting VPN services
- Manage and maintain corporate Active Directory environment
- Provide remote and onsite server maintenance, software installation and upgrades, hardware maintenance, and license management.
- Performs installation, administration, and troubleshooting using Windows operating system
- Performs administration and operations of Microsoft Exchange and related services
- Designs, documents, and implements policies and procedures for server administration and disaster recovery
- Performs server operating system and security audits
- Monitors and tests server and network performance and provides performance statistics and reports
- Ensures servers are patched with the latest firmware and OS updates using tools provided
- Develops and promotes standard operating procedures and creates processes and tools for operational efficiency
- Demonstrates good written and verbal communication skills to drive problems to successful conclusion
- Assists development and application support with script processes
- Ensure daily backup operations are performed, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Works with database team to resolve performance issues, database capacity issues, replication, and other distributed data issues
- Experience supporting Microsoft RemoteApp/Terminal Services
- Travel to datacenters (in-state and out-of-state) and experience with rack/server installations
- Provide escalation support for technical production (infrastructure) issues and follow through to satisfactory resolution
- Assist with maintaining hardware and software inventory to ensure compliance and asset management
- Ensure development and use of an effective preventive maintenance program suitable to meet the operation objective of "99.99% availability"
- Accurately document all new system implementations and modifications to existing systems (moves, adds, changes)
- Research and provide expertise on integration of third-party software and tools
- Assist in Disaster Recovery planning, development and implementation
- Identify and implement technical and service improvements and Best Practice approaches
- Ensures networks, workstations, operating systems and software applications are operational; ensures hardware and software is patched and/or updated;
- Ensures the availability, continuity and security of data and information pertaining to the organization
- Maintains knowledge on current technology by reading technology periodicals, evaluating new technologies
- Participate in On-Call rotation for after-hours support
- Develop project documents to include but not limited to scope of work, specifications, standards, Requests for Proposals.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on time, within scope and within budget.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation.
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Meet with clients to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project.
- Delegate project tasks based on staff members individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and interact with others.
- Must be present during working hours at the office for in person meetings and access to a computer without violating company policy.
- Ensure VDI environment availability and continuity
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Required, Bachelors degree in Information Technology Management or a related field of study or equivalent work experience
- Required, Minimum 5 years network management experience (Network protocols and ports (TCP/IP, SSH, FTP, ICA, HTTPS, etc.) in a Corporate environment
- Required, Minimum 5 years administering virtualization/Hyper converged Infrastructure (Experience with Nutanix/AHV/Prism is a plus, but not required) in a Corporate environment
- Required, Minimum 5 years Endpoint Protection suite management (Checkpoint experience is a plus)
- Required, Minimum 5 years Microsoft RemoteApp/Terminal Services or equivalent in a Corporate environment
- Required, Minimum 5 years VDI Planning, Installation, Configuration, Support in a Corporate environment (Citrix experience is a plus)
- Required, Minimum 7 years Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 - 2019 in a Corporate environment
- Required, Minimum 7 years administering Active Directory and GPO in a Corporate environment
- Required, Minimum 7 years server hardware, networking and remote server management in a Corporate environment
- Required, Minimum 3 years PowerShell scripting in a Corporate environment
- Preferred, SDWAN/SDLAN experience (Silverpeak, Ubiquiti preferred)
- Preferred, Experience with load balancing applications (Kemp Load Master experience is a plus)
- Preferred, Knowledge of applicable privacy practices (HIPPA, HITECH, PHI)
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills are required
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including, Word, Excel and MS Project
- Experience working with project management software such as ClickUp or a similar application is essential
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and possess strong analytical and organizational skills in managing multiple projects
- Must be able to operate effectively in a fast-paced environment in which attention to detail and audit-trail documentation must be maintained in the face of multiple competing demands for your time
- Develop a positive rapport with clients, vendors, subcontractors and employees and maintaining business partnerships is critically important
- Initiative to take charge of unforeseen situations, solve problems and adjust to schedule changes
- Satisfactory references from employers and/or professional peers
- Satisfactory criminal background check
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(K)
- Generous paid time off accrual
- Excellent growth and development opportunities
- Satisfying and rewarding work striving to overcome the opioid epidemic
Here is what you can expect from us:
BayMark Health Services specializes in the treatment of opioid addiction. BayMark Health Services provides medication-assisted treatment services in a variety of modalities and settings through our divisions: BAART Community HealthCare, Health Care Resource Centers and MedMark Services, Inc. BayMark Health Services, also provides traditional primary health care services, as well as integrated primary care, in select locations.
BayMark Health Services is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or veterans status or any other classification protected by State/Federal laws.