Embark General is looking for an experienced software and systems expert to help build out next-generation insurance systems and services. Our team is responsible for building and maintaining core applications using a .NET service-oriented architecture. As a Software Engineer on the IT Team, you will help drive and implement core functionalities in the Embark General system. You must have an enthusiastic attitude and true desire to succeed.
- Work effectively within a team environment in order to deliver new functionalities in the Embark General System.
- Play a role in the design, implementation, and deployment of successful enterprise-level systems.
- Collaborate with team members, increasing the teams productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience.
- Assist in the technical development of other team members, actively sharing information regarding current technical issues.
- Responsible for 3rd level production support as needed.
- Developing and designing RESTful services and APIs.
- Drive and willingness to become Full stack Developer and learn other technologies that support future direction of the company.
- Demonstrate high levels of creativity and solid judgment.
- Functionally decompose complex problems into straight-forward queries with simple solutions.
- Possess knowledge of Performance, Scalability, Security, Enterprise System Architecture, and Engineering best-practices using Microsoft solutions.
- Strive to understand business context to issues and solutions within and across business groups.
- 10+ years with .NET Framework up through 4.6, C#, WCF Web Services, Relational Databases especially SQL 2012 and higher.
- Proven track record of driving or participating in successful implementations of large-scale high-available systems
- Deep hands-on technical expertise in building complex systems
- Detailed technical and functional understanding of enterprise systems. Experience in the Insurance industry a plus.
- Experience with Agile Management will be a plus
- Recognize and adopt best practices in software engineering: design, testing, version control, documentation, build, deployment, monitoring and operations.
- Comfortable with continuous integration and continuous development (CI/CD) concepts, unit testing principles and implementations and APT test automation techniques
- Write very high quality code that is robust and easy to maintain.
- Build flexible systems choosing simple, straightforward solutions over more complex ones.
- Possess knowledge of a broad range of data structures and algorithms and know how, when and when-not to use them.
- Be an excellent team player.
- Possess self-drive to keep moving things forward even in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge (avoid analysis paralysis")
- Communicate clearly both verbally and in writing, within team and external groups.
- Actively participate in hiring and mentoring the very best.
Bachelor of Science Degree in one of the following disciplines: Computer Science, Engineering, Accounting/Finance.