Responsible for the secure configuration, maintenance, and reliable operations of computer applications, systems, and servers. Provides recommendation for application and procedure enhancements improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the IT organization. Provides leadership for technical problem resolution to the technical support staff and entire enterprise.
Description of Duties, Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the IT staff through application automation and scripting.
- Monitors and maintains the vulnerability and patch management program ensuring all applications, computers, and severs are at current patch levels.
- Provides technical leadership and problem resolution support for the Technical Support Specialists.
- Research and recommend security measures to be included in the installation of new systems or application programs.
- Align computer systems technologies to support business/strategic plans.
- Make recommendations for new/altered technologies that would contribute to system cost savings and/or productivity improvement.
- Maintain Asset Inventory control for purposes of asset criticality categorization and application management.
- Review various log and status reports identifying anomalies or security incidents requiring corrective actions.
- Maintain Active Directory Users and Computers, and Group Policy.
- Perform and document periodic Disaster Recovery Tests verifying BCP.
- Develop and maintain Operations Procedures.
- Issue technical bulletins to inform users of system changes.
- Recommend changes for improved system operation.
- Develop action plans to address unsatisfactory operating conditions.
- Respond to and resolve calls referred from our ticketing system using appropriate resources.
- Demonstrate a courteous and respectful demeanor to both internal and external customers.
- Participate in department feedback process.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
- Minimum of five years of experience in the IT field with two years of system administration
- Associate Degree in Information Technology or similar discipline; Bachelor's Degree preferred. A+ Certification; Network+ Certification; and Microsoft Certified Professional designation or comparable.
- Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization, generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving or obtaining information which may require some discussion.
- Solid knowledge of TCP/IP Networking
- Experience with email systems design, management, administration, and security.
- Experience with the deployment and administration of Microsoft 365
- Demonstrated experience learning and mastering new technologies
- Working knowledge of Batch, VBScript, and PowerShell scripting
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL server and basic database server administration skills.
- Strong understanding of the following: Software applications such as IIS, Terminal Services, DHCP and DNS; Windows Desktop and Server Operating Systems; computer Hardware including Servers, Workstations, Thin clients, VDI, Switches, Routers, and cabling.
- Proficient in Backup and Restore methodologies.
- Working knowledge of Virtualization.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects with varying and/or conflicting deadlines.
- A high level of initiative, thoroughness, accuracy, and organizational skills required.
- Work involves eye strain due to the constant use of computer screens, reading of reports; sits for long periods at a time.
- Work involves being able to concentrate on the matter at hand, under sometimes distracting work conditions.
- Work involves lifting and moving equipment up to 50 lbs.
- Work involves travel to attend meetings, trainings, seminars, branch office visits, and so forth.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/postersEqual Opportunity Employer EEOC M/F/D/VThis Position Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising this position.Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.