Do you have a passion for developing products that impact people lives and their pets positively? Do you love pets and want to make our furry friends' life experience better? Are you looking to collaborate hand in hand with smart people to push you in your professional journey? Do you enjoy a fast-paced work environment working with state-of-the-art technologies? Our team is seeking an experienced Embedded Software Engineer in Knoxville TN, or remote with limited travel.
Radio Systems is the global leader in pet products. This position is part of a fantastic team responsible for developing connected products (IoT Internet of things). In this role, you will be working with Microcontrollers, Wi-Fi modules, and Bluetooth devices. Will coordinate with test engineers and design engineers on assigned projects. We are looking for a passionate engineer with excellent interpersonal skills, highly motivated, and result-oriented. This position is to join the growing IoT team. The person for this position needs to have great teamwork and collaboration skills.
Radio Systems Corporation Headquarters is in Knoxville, TN. Where's that you say? Let's talk about what's famous about Knoxville, TN. We have been called The Marble City and "Scruffy City", names we have embraced as our own. And, what do Quentin Tarantino and Johnny Knoxville have in common? They were both born in Knoxville, TN. We are the home of 1982 World's Fair and we boast of 21 craft breweries in Knoxville now. Click here for the Ale Trail . If you like to hike or camp, visit the Great Smokey Mountains National Park. Take your pick on activities from hiking to biking, our Urban Wilderness has a lot to offer. Knox County has great public-school systems, no state income tax and low property taxes and cost of living.
Our Company: What do you want to know? We are the world leader in pet products with PetSafe Brand, SportDOG Brand and Invisible Fence Brand. PetSafe Brand makes every product from leashes and harnesses, to water fountains and automated feeders and litter boxes. We have a goal to touch over 21 million pets, people and communities around the world annually. We serve a broad range of pet owners from providing the hunter the best gear for a successful hunt, to accommodating the Not-So-Crazy Cat Lady with all the entertaining toys and effective solutions she could ever imagine. How do we do it? By creating a vibrant and active environment within our team. We work hard to be the employer of choice in our communities and, in turn, serve those communities. At Radio Systems Corporation, teammates take the privilege of serving pets, people and community very seriously, but also have a great time doing so. Each project is approached with an attitude of enthusiasm, resilience, adaptability and teamwork.
What you will do on the Software Development Team
- Architect, design, and prototype scalable IoT embedded software/firmware systems.
- Work closely with other firmware engineers contributing to the team's best practices and standards.
- Participate in new product ideation, contributing with a multi-discipline team of technical and non-technical peers.
- Evolve and support the current line of products augmenting their capabilities via software.
- Provide technical guidance and development decisions.
- Support software QA and optimize performance.
- Interface with hardware design and development.
- Assess third-party and open-source software.
- Assess technology providers.
- We are working on fast prototyping of products to test ideas.
- Document procedures, scripts, and programs.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- 5+ years of professional experience in embedded C programming.
- A strong experience working with embedded multi-threaded Real Time Operating Systems, preferably FreeRTOS
- Experience working with WiFi/BLE Modules and associated protocols.
- Excellent knowledge of OS coding techniques, IP Protocols (TCP, HTTP), interfaces, and hardware subsystems.
- Experience with software repositories and practices, preferably GIT
- Experience throughout the entire firmware development cycle, including specification, design, integration, building, testing, documentation, QA, and release procedures
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects at one time to meet deadlines.
- Substantial documentation and writing skills.
- Experience with basic electronic test and prototyping equipment, such as DMM, chip specific development kits, hardware debuggers, etc.
Would love if you have:
- Experience using MacOS or Linux for embedded development.
- Troubleshooting microcontrollers firmware in production settings.
- Experience with security best practices for firmware development.
- Worked with AWS IoT SDK.
Working for Radio Systems definitely has its benefits. We offer a collaborative and creative team-oriented work environment where we encourage you to take risks to learn and grow! We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and 401K match. In addition, we offer a rich wellness program which includes an onsite health clinic, workout facility and of course, we encourage you to bring your dog to work, which is our whole reason for what we do! PM20
RSC is dedicated to offering equal employment opportunity for all teammates and fostering a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. At Radio Systems Corporation, our teammates are our greatest strength. We strive to build a workforce as diverse as the customers we serve by hiring great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, life experiences, knowledge, self-expression and talent. We recruit and reward teammates based on capability and performance and together we are building a culture that welcomes all dimensions of an individual's identity including race, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, educational background, national origin or ancestry, religion, veteran status, or physical ability. We embrace these differences and the unique contributions each teammate brings not just because it is the right thing to do but because it makes our company stronger. While we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and a culture of belonging, we recognize that we still have more work to do and a lot more to learn.