See all jobs in Fond du Lac WI
Job Location: Fond du Lac, WI
- Home Office, Telecommuting, or Remote Opportunities
- 40 hours/week with flexible scheduling opportunities
Protecting our policyholders dreams, passions, and livelihoods has a direct impact on the communities we serve. We work towards excellence, conduct ourselves with high integrity, and take our work seriously, but not ourselves. Small Details. Big Difference. Find out how you can make a difference with a career at Society.
About the Role
- Performs application development, specifically on front-end solutions for emerging and embedded business software.
- Performs Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) activities: transforms requirements into prototypes, writes code, performs testing, debugs code issues, promotes code, and provides implementation support.
- Researches, designs, and demonstrates user interfaces and software navigation techniques, with a focus on User Experience (UX).
- Records time consistently and accurately for assigned project tasks. Provides progress status information.
- Performs unit, system, and regression testing prior to advancing to Quality Assurance testing, and collaborates with Business Analysts and Quality Analysts to resolve any testing issues.
- Solves software and business process challenges by reading code or technical documentation.
- Attends and participates in scrum/agile ceremonies on a regular basis.
- Stays current with the latest programming tools, techniques, and methodologies.
- You enjoy working both independently and on a team.
- Youre dedicated to meeting customer needs.
- You enjoy analyzing and solving difficult problems.
- Youre an attentive and active listener.
- You enjoy setting goals and achieving them.
What it Will Take
- Associates degree in Computer Science.
- 4+ years of application development experience.
- Demonstrated experience in web development, as well as object-oriented design (Java, etc.)
- Experience in project-based application development environments (PM, SDLC methods).
- Working knowledge in designing and developing in a multiple tier environment.
What Society Can Offer
- Traditional Benefits: Health, Dental, Life, and Vision Insurance
- Retirement: Traditional or Roth 401K, Defined Contribution, PLUS Profit-Sharing Plan
- Work-Life Balance: Company-Paid Holidays, Flexible Scheduling, PTO, Telecommuting Options
- Education: Career Coaching, Company-Paid Courses, Student Loan & Tuition Reimbursement
- Community: Charitable Match, Paid Volunteer Time, Team Sponsorships
- Wellness: Employee Assistance Program, Health Club Membership, Wellness Reimbursement
Society Insurance prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type against applicants and employees on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap, disability, genetics, veteran status or military service, marital status or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status protected by federal, state or local laws. Society Insurance also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the requirements of the Americans With Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws.
Society Insurance is a drug-free workplace. Any candidate who receives an offer of employment from Society will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test for controlled substances. All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of the pre-employment drug test, which is conducted in accordance with Societys substance abuse policy.