CyOne, Inc. currently has an opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer to help maintain/enhance a web application used by the DoD community. The team on this project is small, but highly skilled. Most meetings are done virtually. You need to be a self-starter and able to problem solve independently. You need to be able to code and deliver functional enhancements twice a week. In addition, up to 3 times a year, you have to be able to travel for up to 30 days to support the installation of a forward node of the application. Installation could be in the US or a foreign location.
A DoD Secret clearance is required (TS/SCI preferred). Desired locations include Aberdeen, MD and Austin, TX., but other locations shall be considered depending on the candidate..Requirements:
Tasks include (but not limited to):
- Travel for up to 30 days to a local or foreign location to install a forward server node
- Design and develop new and existing web applications in a highly agile work environment
- Cooperating with the back-end developer in the process of building the RESTful API
- Help back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting.
- Participate in all phases of the Front End Development effort including architect, develop, test, and deliver.
- Provide technical support in the development and continual improvement of service.
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt and work with team members of various experience level.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop front end of web applications.
Qualifications Required (Skills):
- 5+ years of Java or C#
- 5+ years of application development experience
- Self-directed and self-motivated with the ability to take charge or play a supporting role
Qualifications Desired (Skills):
- 2+ years of Angular development experience
- 2+ years SQL (Microsoft, Postgres, MySQL, etc.)
- Experience with Angular 6+ frameworks
- Understanding of Node.JS application technology stack
- Experience with HTML 5, CSS, Webpack, Babel, NPM, AJAX, JSON, jQuery, Bootstrap, CSS pre-compilers (like Sass and LESS)
- Ability to integrate existing APIs (REST)
- Understand continuous Integration using Jenkins
- Collaborate with Produce Owners and Director of User Experience to develop front end web applications
- Cooperate with the back-end development group responsible for building RESTful APIs
- Collaborate with stakeholders, users, build teams, QA, and other development partners to implement state-of-the-art UIs
- Participate actively in discussions, presentations and decisions about front end and API development
- Implement new technologies to maximize application performance
- Work with outside data sources and APIs
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
A security clearance at the SECRET or higher level is required.
About CyOne, Inc.
CyOne is comprised of a team of highly experienced, trained, and motivated cyber security specialists, software development engineers, intelligence analysts, and technological consultants. The knowledge and experience of our teams spans across multiple intelligence and engineering domains within DOD.
Our team's in-depth understanding of customer requirements allows our expert systems engineers and software developers to successfully transform requirements and software prototypes into mature capability sets and solutions that are consistently well-received and adopted solutions by our customers.
By being at the tip of the spear our team is able to help assess our customer's applicable needs and assist with defining their processes. This enables our team of experts to successfully forecast, design, and engineer future capability requirements to support global DoD operations among our customer base.
Top Reasons to Work with Us
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Benefits Package!
- The chance to join a fast-growing software company helping customers with bleeding edge technology