The Software Developer is responsible for the overall success of each project assigned. They will implement computer system requirements by defining and analyzing system problems and designing and testing standards and solutions. This role will develop information systems by designing, developing, and installing software solutions. Additionally, this position will work closely with other departments to make sure each project is performed with quality, professionalism, and completed in a timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Engages in developing, refining, and enhancing features in our web based EMR, PHR, and Enrollment systems
- Assists with determining how a new system, upgrade, or new component can best meet the needs of users
- Analyzes and documents client business requirements, as well as processes and communicates requirements by constructing conceptual data and process models
- Provides application-troubleshooting support for systems
- Manages, modifies, and administers databases; Ensures backups are functioning properly
- Coordinates with outsource team to determine the methodological steps that are appropriate for an engagement
- Writes and maintains accurate and current documentation regarding application(s) supported by the team
- Documents and creates system specifications from user requirements
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Consistently demonstrates compliance with HIPAA regulations, professional conduct, and ethical practice
- Maintains work area in a clean and orderly condition and ensures safe operating conditions within area of responsibility
- Works to encourage and promote Company culture throughout the organization
- Other duties as may be assigned
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems or closely related fields or equivalent work experience
- Minimum two to three years related working experience
- Knowledge of Crystal Reports, a MVVM framework, Bootstrap, Angular, LT Admin, Chart.js is a plus
- Ethics - Honest, accountable, maintains confidentiality
- Reliability - The extent to which the employee can be depended upon to be available for work, do it properly, and complete it on time. The degree to which the employee is reliable, trustworthy, and persistent.
- Sense of Urgency - Meets deadlines, establishes appropriate priority, gets the job done in a timely manner
- Computer Skills - Skilled with computers, takes advantage of new technology, learns new tools quickly, uses technology to enhance job performance
- Innovation - Knowledge of approaches, tools and techniques for promoting creative, original thinking and applying it to existing and emerging situations
- Initiative - Takes action, seeks new opportunities, strives to see projects to completion
- Problem Solving & Decision Making - Displays ability to define a problem, develops workable and realistic alternatives, and selects appropriate alternative to resolve problem. Decisions made are generally correct, and the time taken to make such decisions is reasonable.
- Productivity - Manages workload, works efficiently, meets goals and objectives
- Technical Skills - Maintains current understanding of technical processes/equipment, uses technology to increase performance/productivity
- Dependability - Completes job assignment and projects with minimal supervision. Meets schedules and deadlines.
Physical, Mental, Environmental & Working Conditions
Moderate amount of walking, sitting, and writing. Moderate to significant amount of stress in meeting deadlines and dealing with day-to-day events in the execution of job duties. Need for flexibility and adaptability to change. Candidate must be self-disciplined and a self-starter and able to work independently with a flexible work schedule.