See all jobs in Charleston SC
Job Location: Charleston, SC
Location: Charleston, SC
IP NETWORK ENGINEER (SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED)
Serve as IP Network/Systems SME in support of our Naval Information Warfare Center Atlantic (NIWC Atlantic) customer to work on the DISA SATCOM Unified Net-Centric System (SUNS) global IP transport, routing, and switching architecture. The position is located at our North Charleston, SC office. Frequent travel may be required to Joint SATCOM Engineering Center, APG, MD, and other military SATCOM locations.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Enterprise Certification
- Develop and modify technical documentation in support of C4ISR telecommunication / IT integration, installation and logistics efforts.
- Develop and update network configurations and system architectures in Government and industry formats.
- Develop and verify network IP cybersecurity controls that meet industry and DOD requirements.
- Perform installation, integration and acceptance testing of supported systems and equipment.
- Use expert technical knowledge to ensure documentation is accurate, complete, and meets government specifications.
- Experience configuring and testing complex routing & switching protocols (EIGRP/OSPF/BGP/MPLS) to include Virtual Private Networks (VPN), Virtual Routing & Forwarding (VRF) and Quality of Service (QoS) protocols on classified and unclassified networks.
- Experience working with a variety of Cisco operating systems (IOS XR & IOS XE) with heavy emphasis on NX-OS.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Enterprise, or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Service Provider (SP) certifications.
- Minimum 10 years' IP Network experience, preferably with military satellite communications systems.
- Knowledge of DoD process and procedures, and MS Office Suite.
- IP Voice Telephony, AAA, Firewall, Computer Network Defense (CND), and Windows/Linux Server administration experience desired though not required.
- Experience with DOD satellite or wireless IP network communications
- Bachelor's degree in technical or related field.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance Required
Systek offers a very comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, life, disability, and long-term care insurance effective on an employee's date of hire. Systek also offers a 401k plan, paid time off, service anniversary awards, and tuition reimbursement.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities