As the Cloud Systems Administrator youll be a part of the RevTech team, helping to drive the organization while being able to leave your personal mark. RevLocal is not just a great place to work, we are a career builder. Our professional staff enjoys the challenge of thinking big, working hard and the variety of consulting on different client needs. Our fast paced and driven environment is balanced with a team that is supportive, energetic, and friendly. RevLocal has a working environment that cultivates teamwork, innovation, and a spirit of intensity that drives value to our clients.
The Cloud Systems Administrator will demonstrate expertise in the installation, configuration, and administration of On-Prem infrastructure & Public Cloud providers. The Cloud Systems Administrator will also use their knowledge of Hyper-V, VMWare, and physical infrastructure services and their integration within the virtual infrastructure. The Administrator must be responsive to all the needs of the organization. Administrator should be familiar with integrations with third party tools, and scripting using tools such as PowerShell. Other functions may include installing, maintaining, and supporting the company's computer systems, LANs, WANs, Internet and intranet systems and network segments. Relies on experience and judgment as well as pre-established procedures and instructions to identify, research and resolve technical problems.
- Responsible for implementing, tuning, and maintaining On-Prem & Cloud Infrastructure, Servers, and Applications.
- Works on projects or new initiatives to propose and design, configure, implement, and test strategic IT solutions to address complex technical and business requirements.
- Actively seeks out opportunities to improve existing practices, procedures, and technology implementations.
- Applies technical knowledge of networks, Linux & Windows operating systems, utilities, etc. to the network & server infrastructure.
- Provides guidance to management for changes related to virtual infrastructure.
- Defines, monitors, and troubleshoots system performance within the Cloud infrastructure.
- Develops and maintains operational guidelines for the maintenance and support of the infrastructure.
- Evaluates resource requirements for Cloud products.
- Reviews existing technology, configuration, and implements improvements and upgrades.
- Provides reports for system health, configuration, and capacity. Perform routine maintenance and apply software updates.
- Performs root cause analysis of service problems and develop solutions.
- Coordinates with other Infrastructure teams to deliver solutions and configuration items with minimal user impact.
- Trains and assists internal support teams on new tools and procedures. Solicits and acts on feedback in a professional manner.
- Automates routine maintenance tasks as appropriate and ensures proper backup procedures are in place and in use.
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation as it relates to network topology, equipment, processes, and configuration(s).
- Trains and gives guidance to peer team members.
- May be required to participate in rotating on-call schedule.
- Other tasks as assigned by senior IT team members.
- Strong Technical and problem-solving aptitude
- Good communication skills
- Experience with Hyper-V and/or VMWare hypervisors
- Experience in cloud administration, such as Microsoft Azure
- Experience with Salesforce (Lightning) administration
- Scripting using PowerShell or Python
- Experience with troubleshooting and maintaining Microsoft Windows server operating systems (3 years)
- Microsoft Azure Administrator or Azure Architect Certifications
- MCSA or MCSE Certifications
- CompTIA Security+ or Equivalent
- ITIL experience
- Familiar with DevOps and/or DevSecOps processes and best practices
- Software Defined Networking
- Knowledge of network wiring and networking concepts
- Experience with Active Directory, DNS, and network services