See all jobs in Alpharetta GA
Job Location: Alpharetta, GA
Req No. 2021-7179
We are seeking a talented Solutions Architect to design and maintain a holistic view of CO-OP's infrastructure and application solutions. This includes the definition of infrastructure architecture that supports and optimizes the CO-OP systems landscape, and provides a high-level blueprint of systems, services and technology needed to support and enable the business strategies, objectives and vision of the company.
In order to be successful, Architects must establish conceptual, logical and physical design solutions in a scalable manner to deliver modern experiences leveraging next generation architecture practices and emerging technologies which align to CO-OP and industry standards.
The Solutions Architect role will act as a key advisor and consultant to senior leadership, provide effective application and platform architecture governance to ensure compliance with all regulatory, audit, risk, and security requirements. This role also serves as the highest level of technical escalation and as a mentor to junior engineers.
- This position is flexibly-remote. That means that this position is currently remote due to COVID. Once we make the transition back into the office, there may be flexibility for a hybrid schedule of both remote and in-office work.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Support CO-OP's project delivery by providing high level estimates for project efforts.
- Ensures alignment of enterprise application and platform architecture to the company's business strategy.
- Works with Infrastructure leadership to define platform strategy, roadmaps and technology lifecycles, transformation initiatives, and technology due diligence.
- Create, maintain and manage IT architecture models and their components.
- Define function designs and application systems architecture across all technologies and platforms.
- Designs an applications technical infrastructure approach and provides consultative services on projects focused on architectural compliance, development and implementation of strategic technological directives.
- Develop Proof of Concepts to validate approved decisions.
- Provides technical leadership and assistance to other team members to ensure project completion and user satisfaction.
- Develop and maintain cross system applications architecture models, views, and documentation.
- Create, maintain, and document enterprise wide applications and platform architecture vision.
- Reviews solutions and recommended technology assets as part of an Engineering Architecture board member and acts in a manner of design authority.
- Serves as the design authority for the Platform Engineering team as a member of the Architecture board.
- Deliver and continuously improve Infrastructure standards, practices, and efficiency by working with infrastructure team leaders to develop new or enhance existing standards, service definitions, metrics, and procedures.
- Provide "just in time" low-level design documents, diagrams, and patterns to support and deliver projects in an agile fashion that conform and adhere to a higher level design. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to understand the dependencies and timings of when designs need to be complete to support Agile (Kanban / SCRUM) delivery teams
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security risks.
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly, Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor's degree plus a minimum of 8-10 years overall experience in a professional and technical capacity including core architecture, IT, business operations and project estimation, or equivalent training and/or experience.
- Familiarity with cross functional Agile (Kanaban / SCRUM) delivery and ability to determine when architecture artifacts need to be complete based on the delivery of work within the agile delivery method.
- Experience operationalizing new solutions and determining appropriate parties to perform on-going day to day support functions.
- 2+ years experience working closely with cloud and hybrid-cloud based technology including 1 year experience with PaaS based solutions focused mostly with Microsoft Azure.
- Must have a mastery of Microsoft Windows and Linux (RedHat) operating systems and dependent services (Active Directory, DNS, etc).
- Familiar with virtualization technologies (VDI, VMware), networking (WAN / LAN) and SAML technologies.
- Experience with SharePoint Online, Exchange Online, O365, OneDrive, and/or Microsoft Teams would be a plus.
- Understanding of Financial industry regulatory agencies and standards (ISO, PCI, etc) and it's requirements on technology and process.
- Solid understanding of HA, DR, and BCP strategies and able to articulate the design, benefits, and pitfalls of different approaches.
- Able to consider current and future state when determining solutions and clearly articulate and document the approach to reach future state from current state when necessary.
- Expert knowledge with Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Ability to lead technical and non-technical conversations regarding architectural decisions.
- Effectively communicate system and architectural knowledge to team members to understand context and effects pertaining to the rest of the solution.
- Depict and understand the perspective and impact of all parties involved in a project including but not limited to end users, sponsors, UX design, programmers, etc.
- Ability to visualize comprehensive solutions to problems and deliver an estimate according to that solution including all required resources (hardware, software, labor, etc).
- Active listener.
- Well organized and able to determine priority with little guidance.
- Able to maintain professionalism and focus during difficult and intense situations.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to quickly build credibility with key internal and external audiences.
- Strong business acumen and mindset.
- A self-starter and team player with a strong desire for delivery.
- One or more of the following certifications are preferred: TOGAF, ITIL, Microsoft Azure Architect, AWS Cloud Architect
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce where every employee can live up to their pull potential; ensuring that our employee base reflects the consumers we serve. The result of this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent thrives. You will be part of an organization that focuses on a strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of People Helping People. CO-OP's commitment to reflecting our own core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and the products that we deliver.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits - Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity, Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits - medical, dental, & vision plus wellness programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.