See all jobs in Des Moines IA
Job Location: Des Moines, IA
Req No. 2021-7329
We are seeking a talented Solutions Architect (Azure) to be responsible for designing and implementing information system solutions which will adequately support the organization's needs. This role defines and communicates a shared technical and architectural vision to help ensure the system or solution under development is fit for its intended purpose. This includes identifying new technologies, partners, and applications to enhance and improve the company's market or internal offerings. Helps with creating and maintaining a technology reference model. The person in this position creates architecture artifacts along the project lifecycle to document technical requirements and vision. They will work with members of the product team to assess needs and figure out the underlying issue that needs to be solved. In order to be successful, our Architects must establish conceptual, logical and physical design solutions in a scalable manner to deliver modern experiences leveraging next generation architecture practices and emerging technologies which align to CO-OP and industry standards.
- This position is flexibly-remote. That means that this position is currently remote due to COVID. Once we make the transition back into the office, there may be flexibility for a hybrid schedule of both remote and in-office work.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Support CO-OP's project delivery by providing high level estimates for project efforts.
- Ensures alignment of enterprise application architecture to the company's business strategy.
- Create, maintain and manage IT architecture models and their components.
- Define function designs and application systems architecture across all technologies and platforms.
- Designs an applications technical infrastructure approach and provides consultative services on projects focused on architectural compliance, development and implementation of strategic technological directives.
- Develop Proof of Concepts to validate approved decisions.
- Provides technical leadership and assistance to other team members to ensure project completion and user satisfaction.
- Develop and maintain cross system applications architecture models, views, and documentation.
- Create, maintain, and document enterprise wide applications.
- Reviews solutions and recommended technology assets as part of an Enterprise Architecture Review Board member.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security risks.
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly, Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent training and work experience.
- MS or MBA degree preferred.
- Minimum of 8-10 years overall experience in a professional and technical capacity including various architecture disciplines, IT, business operations and project estimation.
- Familiarity with multiple programming languages, application testing strategies, analysis and design.
- Well rounded understanding of technology from App Dev, Data, Infrastructure and Security.
- Understanding/experience of compliance audits and associated solutions (PCI, SOC, NCUA, etc).
- Familiarity with software development lifecycles including SCRUM.
- Experience operationalizing new solutions and determining appropriate parties to perform on-going day to day support functions.
- 2+ years direct experience working with cloud and hybrid-cloud based technology solutions including 1 year experience with PaaS based software solutions.
- Knowledge of financial systems and environments.
- Experience in a highly regulated industry.
- 5-10 years of software development experience.
- Fundamental understanding of networking.
- 6 months or more experience with Microsoft Azure.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Linux (RedHat) operating systems and dependent services (Active Directory, DNS, etc).
- Familiar with virtualization technologies (VDI, VMware), networking (WAN / LAN) and SAML technologies.
- Understanding of Financial industry regulatory agencies and standards (ISO, PCI, etc) and it's requirements on technology and process.
- Solid understanding of HA, DR, and BCP strategies and able to articulate the design, benefits, and pitfalls of different approaches.
- Able to consider current and future state when determining solutions and clearly articulate and document the approach to reach future state from current state when necessary.
- Expert knowledge with Microsoft Office suite of products.
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce where every employee can live up to their pull potential; ensuring that our employee base reflects the consumers we serve. The result of this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent thrives. You will be part of an organization that focuses on a strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of People Helping People. CO-OP's commitment to reflecting our own core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and the products that we deliver.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits - Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity, Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits - medical, dental, & vision plus wellness programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.