See all jobs in Alpharetta GA
Job Location: Alpharetta, GA
Req No. 2021-7356
We are seeking a talented Data Architect to serve as a data management subject matter expert and be responsible for designing, creating, deploying and managing the organization's data architecture. Data Architect will be responsible for guiding the full lifecycle of a data solution, including requirements analysis, platform selection, technical architecture design, application design and development, testing, and Test and Deployment in Cloud Infrastructures The Architect Lead is responsible for ensuring right selection of platform , tools , technology on the cloud platform of data assets s. In order to accomplish this, the data architect will work collaboratively with a cross section of technical and non-technical users.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Providing leadership and guidance with enterprise data strategies.
- Provide in-depth knowledge and strategy regarding the migration of data using any of the following Cloud technology services such as AWS, Azure or GCP preferably Azure.
- Provide advisory and thought leadership on the provision of data analytics environments leveraging Cloud based platforms, data Ingestion, data warehouse solutions and technologies, including integration with existing data on premise.
- Design and implement scalable data architectures leveraging Cloud Native, warehouse, BI, NoSQL and emerging technologies, including on premise and cloud-based deployment patterns.
- Revising data dictionary definitions, governance practices, and standards.
- Creating and maintaining enterprise conceptual, logical, and physical data models.
- Creating data models that conform to existing standards and conventions.
- Evaluating and recommending new and emerging data management and storage technologies and standards.
- Ensuring consistency between data management, enterprise storage and all other technical system components.
- Create and maintain a corporate repository of all data architecture artifacts.
- Adhere to Agile principles and philosophies (Scrum or Kanban, as applicable) in fulfillment of the role.
- Collaborate within the direct team in accordance with Team Agreement, Definition of Ready, and Definition of Done.
- Work as a cross-functional team member in an Agile setting to help complete and deliver the team commitments.
- Collaborate across teams and across business areas in the spirit of an agile mindset.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security risks.
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly, Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor's degree in Analytics, Data Science, Data Management, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent training and/or experience.
- 7-10 years of experience with information technology programs and services, with at least 5 years demonstrated expertise in enterprise data management and related technologies.
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), web services, enterprise data management, information security, applications development, and cloud-based architectures.
- Data management best practices and trends.
- Expert knowledge of enterprise data management technologies, including database platforms such as SQL Server and Oracle, ETL tools, and SQL.
- Understanding of information systems and data life-cycle management best practices and methodologies, such as systems development life cycle (SDLC).
- Agile development methodology and concepts.
- Knowledge of emerging data managements trends such as NoSQL/Big Data, streaming data, etc.
- Common data architecture patterns such as entity-relationship and dimensional modeling.
- Master Data Management (MDM) concepts and strategies for implementation.
- Financial Services industry knowledge preferred.
- Hands on Cloud experience preferably 3-4 years on Azure , AWS or GCP.
- Data modeling tools such as ERwin, Toad Data Modeler, E/R Studio, etc.
- Expert T-SQL, SQL, PL/SQL, Cloud Native Databases like Snowflake , Redshift , Azure Synapse.
- Programming skills on Java/C++/Python/R.
- Hands on building ETL pipelines like Talend , ADF , Informatica.
- Hands on experience in Cloud resources like S3,EC2,ADLS,ADF, Gateways, API.
- Knowledge and experience on business reporting tools like Tableau, Power BI , Cognos , SSRS.
- Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Visio.
- Knowledge on Cloud Security, Compliance, PCI, GDPR, CCPA is preferable.
- Advanced communication skills and customer relationship skills.
- Master's degree in Analytics, Data Science, Data Management, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or similar is a plus.
- Understanding of industry frameworks such as TOGAF, DAMA-DMBOK, Zachman Framework preferred.
- Certifications in CMMI, COBIT, ITIL, SCRUM, CDMP, and or Six Sigma are a plus.
- Knowledge of configuration management and version control processes preferred.
- Azure /AWS Certifications are highly preferred.
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce where every employee can live up to their pull potential; ensuring that our employee base reflects the consumers we serve. The result of this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent thrives. You will be part of an organization that focuses on a strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of People Helping People. CO-OP's commitment to reflecting our own core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and the products that we deliver.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits - Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity, Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits - medical, dental, & vision plus wellness programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.