To provide fast and useful assistance on computer systems by answering queries on basic technical issues and offering advice to solve them.
Responsibilities that are requirements in order to perform the job:
- Serve as the first point on contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers
- Walk the customer through the problem solving process
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services
- Record events and problems and their resolutions in logs
- Follow-up and update customer status and information
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of supportive functions based on business needs:
- Other duties as assigned or directed by management
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Must be tech savvy with working knowledge of office automation products, databases computer systems, mobile devices, remote control and other technical products
- Must be able to work independently, be a self-starter, and multi-task
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be customer oriented and cool-tempered
- Have the ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues
- Must be either a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Person to ensure compliance with International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR)
- Bachelors Degree in IT, Computer Science or related field preferred
- 3-6 months experience as a Help Desk Technician or other customer support role preferred
- Solid experience in MS Office applications, including MS Access
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions:
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required walk and stand, use hands to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. On occasion, the employee will be exposed to wet/humid conditions (non-weather), fumes or airborne particles, outdoor weather, extreme heat/cold (non-weather), toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, working near moving mechanical parts, and working in precarious places.
This job description is a summary of the typical functions of the job, not a comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. The responsibilities, tasks and duties of the individual performing the job may differ from those outlined, and other functions, as assigned, might be part of the job.