Job Title: Account Executive
Reporting To: Chief Operating Officer
FLSA Status (exempt, non-exempt): Salary (Exempt)
Description of Account Executive
Applied Tech, Madisons top managed IT services provider with 20+ years delivering value to businesses across the region, is seeking proven sales professionals to crush objectives and establish long-term customer relationships. This is a great opportunity to work with a firm that has invested heavily in operational excellence and technology to provide customers with outstanding service experiences!
As an Account Executive, you will leverage inbound and outbound calls, emails, and social connections to source opportunities and manage them to close. In conjunction with our established marketing programs, you will generate leads, qualify prospects, and close new multi-year, monthly recurring revenue agreements. You will work closely with senior leadership to ensure identified prospects fit our target customer profile and pricing model. Along the way, you will use our best-in-class Microsoft-based technology stack, including Dynamics CRM, to track activity and maintain prospect information.
Individual Responsibilities of Account Executive
- Develop and manage relationships within our target market segment (20 250 employees)
- Build and manage your pipeline of business
- Pitch Applied Techs services to business leaders and executives
- Manage deals from first call to close using the Applied Tech sales process
- Achieve and exceed individual sales targets
- Create satisfied, referenceable, and referring customers
- Maintain data quality and consistency within our CRM systems
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting
- Monitor client, market, and competitor activity, and provide feedback to the company leadership team and other company functions
- Represent the company at business functions where clients or key prospects are present
Qualifications of Account Executive
- 3-5+ years experience selling business services, telecom, or technology into small to mid-sized businesses (20 250 employees)
- Comfortable selling business value, not just technology, to managers and executives
- A hunter mentality with an insatiable appetite for sourcing and closing new business
- Proven ability to close new business in a competitive industry
- Experience managing variable sales cycles within an established process
- Existing relationships / strong network within your territory
- A results-oriented approach that balances a take charge, do-whatever-it-takes attitude with teamwork and collaboration
Why Applied Tech?
Applied Tech was founded in 1999 to help small- to medium-sized organizations in central and south-central Wisconsin get the most out of their business technology. Over the years, Applied Tech evolved from providing technical services to small departments at the UW-Madison campus to being named one of InBusiness Top Three IT Services Providers and IT Training Companies in Dane County!
We are a fun and fast-growing company with a people-first culture. Heres why Applied Tech may be the perfect next step for you:
- Culture: promoting personal growth, independence, and teamwork.
- Executive Team: a savvy team with deep market experience.
- Customers: leading companies that rely on our services so they can focus on their business.
- Investors: our superb and supportive board is comprised of industry veterans with a personal stake in the success of the company.
Our team is made up of veteran entrepreneurs, brilliant technical minds, and tried-and-true professionals dedicated to the success of the business and our community. Whats left to add? You.