The primary purpose of your job is to provide direct nursing care to the residents, and to supervise the day-to-day nursing activities performed by resident care assistants. Such supervision must be in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our facility, and as may be required by the Director of Nursing Services or Resident Care Supervisor to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
- Coordinate, supervise and direct the activities and care of the resident care assistants, in collaboration with the Rehab Director.
- Identify hazards of immobility, and direct the care given by the resident care assistants.
- Continually assess residents for changes-of-conditions. Report these to the physician and Resident Care Supervisor immediately within 15 minutes.
- Pass correct medications to the correct resident at the correct time in the correct dose, as ordered by physicians.
- Coordinate and ensure that the correct diet is given to the correct resident according to physicians orders.
- Monitor the bowel and bladder program. Ensure that residents are toileted every 2 hours.
- Receive and give change-of-shift report. Give clear, accurate and concise information. Observe HIPPA regulations.
- Assess all residents on first rounds within 1 hour of start of shift. Continue rounds every 2 hours thereafter.
- Greet within 15 minutes, assess and admit new residents within 1 hour of arrival to unit.
- Coordinate and ensure residents prosthetic devices are placed within 1 hour of start of shift. Ensure that hearing aids are removed at bedtime and locked in medication cart for safe-keeping.
- Organize, coordinate and prioritize workload.
- Complete documentation timely, thoroughly and within 5 minutes of shift end. Proficient Electronic Charting
- Coordinate compliance with State and Federal regulations with regard to long-term care.
- Participate in the development of an individualized interdisciplinary plan of care for each resident in assigned group as requested.
- Implement plan of care for the resident based on assessments, written care plan and goals established by the Inter-disciplinary Care Team.
- Keep Nurses Station, Medication and Treatment carts, and Medication Room neat, organized and tidy.
- Check for medication outdates daily.
- In collaboration with the Rehab Director, must be able to supervise and direct the activities of the restorative nursing assistants.
- Must consistently participate in on-going training and inservice programs.
- Follow all safety procedures and regulations established in the employee handbook.
- Must communicate effectively with the medical staff, nursing personnel, and other department directors.
- Coordinate and maintain as liaison with residents, families, support departments, etc. to adequately plan for the residents needs; educate residents and families as needed and include them in planning.
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations.
- Adhere to professional dress code that reflects the mission of Marycrest Manor with excellent grooming and appearance.