Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status
Minimizes credit risk by performing independent risk analysis on new credit requests and existing credit relationships for C&I, commercial real estate and commercial construction loans in accordance with established bank policies and procedures. Focus is generally on larger loan relationships and on more complex commercial credit requests.
Performs any functions necessary, within scope of authority and expertise, to provide the highest level of service and responsiveness to customers:
- Ensures credit underwriting standards are applied consistently to credit requests requiring board approval. Conducts independent due diligence and applies appropriate underwriting techniques to assess the credit risk in individual credit requests.
- Analyzes more complex credit requests and existing customer relationships.
- Conducts annual reviews on line of credit renewals.
- Performs collateral evaluations on new loan requests and on annual line of credit renewals.
- Conducts thorough, detailed analysis of corporate financial statements of prospective borrowers.
- Provides periodic support to management by producing reports and participating on project teams as necessary.
- Participates in client meetings and/or site visits as necessary to help with the evaluation of credit requests or assist in the management of ongoing customer relationships.
- Provide mentorship, guidance and support for junior credit administration team members as necessary.
Perform related and unrelated duties as may be required..Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance or accounting.
- Five years of commercial credit underwriting experience with CRE, C&I and commercial construction loans.
- Broad banking background with depth of knowledge in commercial lending.
- Proven problem solving, decision making communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong credit analysis and underwriting skills enabling the incumbent to perform detailed financial analyses and understand complex financial statements.
- Ability to prioritize tasks within defined responsibilities and apply bank and department policies and procedures.
- Proficiency with business software including the Microsoft Office suite (Excel intermediate/advanced) and loan origination/management systems (LoanVantage preferred).
Avidia Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled