We are looking for an IT Planning and Procurement Business Analyst to join our team!
Headquartered in Hilliard Ohio, Advanced Drainage Systems, Inc (ADS) is the leading manufacturer of high performance thermoplastic corrugated pipe, providing a comprehensive suite of water management products and drainage solutions. Our innovative products and superior drainage solutions are used across a broad range of end markets and applications, including residential, non-residential, agriculture and infrastructure applications. We have established a leading position in many of these end markets by leveraging our national sales and distribution platform, overall product breadth and scale, and our manufacturing excellence. Founded in 1966, we operate a global network of 3,700 employees, 63 manufacturing plants and 31 distribution centers. In July, 2014 we became a public company traded on the NYSE. To enable our continued growth, we are looking to add top talent to our dynamic organization.
The IT Business Analyst Planning and Procurement, has broad responsibility for the support and continual improvement of business processes and systems that impact the Supply Chain organization, specifically within the Purchase-to-pay and the related planning domains. The BA will work closely with the business, acting as the liaison for IT to manage and resolve system related issues that impact business operations.
The IT Business Analyst Supply Chain has a customer service orientation and can relate highly complex technical issues to the business in simple non-technical terms. The Supply Chain BA is a process and subject matter expert, and ensures the successful delivery of initiatives through clear alignment of business requirements. The Supply Chain BA is responsible for ensuring high quality system delivery by facilitating a thoughtful quality control and testing process that conforms to the organizational standards.
- Partners with business functions to define, determine, analyze, document, and communicate the objectives, business requirements and priorities for information systems and solutions, while managing ambiguity
- Partnering in the requirements gathering process by working and following up with IT and domain SMEs on process mappings, and ensuring their conformation to the organizational standards, goals and objectives
- Embrace and take ownership for organizational change and its collateral effects, and assist with the evolution of process governance, standardization, and hygiene initiatives within the Purchase-to-pay and the associated planning domains of the business
- Active participant in the curation and prioritization of future system enhancements, and works with application and technical experts to implement, support and maintain the enhancements that are part of the associated solution design.
- Collaborate and communicate value obtained through use of reporting and analytics
- Work alongside the Business SMEs, to define data validation criteria, and develop use cases for user acceptance testing (UAT)
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing small to medium sized modeling efforts involving complex business problems in the Purchase-to-pay and the planning domains, and leading the efforts to find optimal solutions
- Drives the effort to define, document and develop what constitutes business success for small to medium sized initiatives within the Manufacturing, Sales or supply chain functions.
- Provide daily production support as issues arise; and conducts problem analysis as needed. Acts as a point of escalation for moderate to difficult problems.
- Implement assigned processes and procedures to address non-conformances, and ensure maximum system uptime and stability. Identify and support the deployment of permanent fixes that prevent future re-occurrences in a quick and effective manner.
This position should possess the following skills/knowledge:
- Strong relationship management and interpersonal communication skills
- Broad functional knowledge of Oracle ERP functionality, and expert knowledge of the Purchase-to-pay" and procurement planning functionality
- Strong functional understanding of supported business systems and ability to simplify complex technicalities into business friendly terms
- Willingness to drive and embrace change.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time-management skills
- Proficiency in SQL
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science, Operations, Supply Chain, Transportation or equivalent
- 2+ years of Business Analyst experience within a medium-large manufacturing environment
- Experience with business process mapping