See all jobs in South San Francisco CA
Job Location: South San Francisco, CA
Location: South San Francisco, CA, United States
Job Identification: 1507
Job Schedule: Full time
Strategic People Leaders (SPL) tackle the most pressing talent opportunities and challenges throughout Myriad. This role is the next evolution of the HRBP role which now focuses on key strategic talent priorities. Strategic People Leaders are aligned with specific business functions that span across the enterprise and own the people management strategy for that group. Each Strategic People Leader with serve on their respective management teams as the lead HR role for that business segment, reporting up to the Head of the SPL Team.
The Strategic People Leader team involves future-oriented critical and strategic thinking that directly contributes to the success of long-term business objectives. Through consultation and advising our business leaders, we deliver results through talent strategies, organizational design and development of key people business initiatives.
Success in this role requires strong partnership skills and the ability to influence the aligned functional leaders. The Strategic Talent Leader must have distinctive problem-solving skills and must be adept in collaboration, business acumen and data analytics.
We are looking for a senior level strategic partner to guide our senior leaders in the Technology and R&D organizations. You will drive initiatives and conversations around organizational effectiveness, workforce planning, organizational design, employee engagement, culture strategies, and change and transformation leadership by partnering with Sr. Directors and VP level leaders in the business.
- Provide partnership and support in the areas of organizational design, organizational development including succession strategy, talent development, employee engagement, and change management processes
- Drive workforce planning initiatives and build capabilities needed to achieve the stated vision and strategy
- Identify and address critical organizational and people issues, and remove barriers impeding the success of the business
- Identify and develop key talent and ensure they are provided with experiences that enable development and retention
- Build performance management capabilities by coaching leaders to effectively address performance issues and deliver effective feedback
- Coordinate with the COEs to deliver HR programs to the business, including engagement survey, leadership developments programs, annual rewards, and workforce planning
- Influence the organizational health of the business unit by learning and understanding the business goals to enhance the talent strategy
- Analyze the data of the business to use those metrics in order to understand performance to make recommendations and enhance decisions for the business
- Anticipate upcoming needs of their group and provide expert consultation to the functional leaders.
- Work closely with the People team, corporate legal and compliance departments.
- Bachelors degree preferred
- 7+ years of experience in progressive human resources business partner role, focusing on strategic initiatives
- Human resources certification preferred
- Ability to establish relationships and partnerships (internal and external) at all levels of the organization
- Exhibit strong leadership and influencing skills, and design, implement, and lead change management initiatives
- Functional experience and proven success in organizational concepts and practices
- Proven ability to remain flexible and agile in an ever-changing environment
- Willingness to learn, grow and tackle expanded duties as business needs evolve
- Critical thinking skills with the ability to take sizable problems and break them into small manageable pieces
- Excellent meeting design and facilitation skills
- Ability to handle ambiguity with ease
- Superb judgment and integrity, including excellent decision-making skills and a sense of urgency
- Ability to work both tactically and strategically to get business needs met
- Attention to detail and the ability to effectively handle multiple priorities
- Exceptional verbal communication and presentation skills, and skilled in use of Microsoft Office Cloud-based systems - Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Myriad is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About UsMyriad Genetics Inc., is a leading personalized medicine company dedicated to being a trusted advisor transforming patient lives worldwide with pioneering molecular diagnostics. Myriad discovers and commercializes molecular diagnostic tests that: determine the risk of developing disease, accurately diagnose disease, assess the risk of disease progression, and guide treatment decisions across six major medical specialties where molecular diagnostics can significantly improve patient care and lower healthcare costs. Myriad is focused on three strategic imperatives: maintaining leadership in an expanding hereditary cancer market, diversifying its product portfolio through the introduction of new products and increasing the revenue contribution from international markets. For more information on how Myriad is making a difference, please visit the Company's website: www.myriad.com .
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender,national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
Please answer all questions completely. Please do not provide any information not specifically requested on this Employment Application form.