Registered Nurse (RN) PRN III - Vascular Access - PRN - Days - Southwest
Are you looking for a rewarding career with family-friendly hours and top-notch benefits? We're looking for qualified Registered Nurse II like you to join our Texas Health family.
- Work location: Texas Health Southwest
- Work environment: Clinical
- Work hours: PRN, 12hr shift, 7AM-7PM and 10AM-10PM
- Salary range: $26.50 - $50.82 per hour (based on relevant experience)
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest Fort Worth is a 222-bed full-service facility that includes surgical and imaging services, a 24-hour emergency department, orthopedics and sports therapy, adult critical care, and a Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Southwest Fort Worth, which has been serving Tarrant County residents since 1987, has 1,100 employees, 120 volunteers, and more than 600 physicians on its medical staff. The hospital is Magnet-designated, a designated UnitedHealth Premium Surgical Spine specialty center and has earned Quality Respiratory Care Recognition from the AARC.
- Associates Degree in Nursing Required
- Bachelors Degree Nursing (preferred)
- 2 Years of clinical nursing expereince (required)
- At least 1 year of experience in Vascular Access highly preferred
- RN - Registered Nurse Upon Hire (Required) And
- BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire (Required) Or,
- ACLS - Advanced Cardiac Life Support 60 days (required)
Position Responsibilities: The professional nurse exhibits understanding of basic human needs by demonstrating:
Why Texas Health
- Knowledge of human development across the life span
- Knowledge of pain and suffering, pain interventions and pain comfort/theories.
- Provides safe patient care as evidenced by:
- Using barcode medication verification (BMV) during medication administrations
- Completing accurate documentation in the electronic health record
- Completing assessments accurately and in a timely manner
- Individualizing care plans specific to the needs of the patient
- Providing consistent attention to airway, intake, elimination, sleep, rest, mobility and hygiene needs. Attention to emotional, social, and self-esteem needs
- Regular assessment and maintenance of comfort
- Knowledge of basic physiology and pathophysiology
- Knowledge of human emotions during health and illness
- A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
At Texas Health, our people make this a great place to work every day. Our inclusive, supportive, people-first, excellence-driven culture make THR a great place to work.
Here are a few of our recent awards:
Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits , Job Listings by Category , recent Awards we've won and more.
- 2021 FORTUNE Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" (7th year in a row)
- Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 years running)
- "America's Best Employers for Diversity" list by Forbes
- A "100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" by Fortune and Great Place to Work
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your questions to THIS EMAIL .
Primary Location: Fort Worth
Job: RN/Registered Nurse
Organization: Texas Health Southwest 6100 Harris Parkway TX 76132
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Standard
Schedule: Per Diem