Balchem Corporation develops, manufactures and markets specialty ingredients that improve and enhance the health and well-being of life on the planet, providing state-of-the-art solutions and the finest quality products for a range of industries worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is located in New Hampton, New York, (Hudson Valley area) and we have a broad network of sales offices, manufacturing sites, and R&D centers, primarily located in the US and Europe. Founded in 1967, Balchem is a publicly traded company (NASDAQ BCPC) with annual revenues over $640 million and a market cap exceeding $3.0 billion. The company consists of four business segments: Human Nutrition & Health; Animal Nutrition & Health; Specialty Products; and Industrial Products. Balchem employs over 1,400 people worldwide who are engaged in diverse activities, committed to developing the company into global market leadership positions. To learn more about our dynamic, stable and growing company, visit www.balchem.com
This position reports to the Plant Manager at the Verona MO site. This person will assist the Plant Manager in directing the activities of the 24/7 production facility including managing safety, quality, production, maintenance, and warehousing activities, compliance to EHS, FDA and GMP standards and hiring/training of new and existing personnel. Responsibilities will also include process optimization, improving equipment reliability and identifying/implementing capital projects.
- Responsible for the Safety, Health and regulatory programs on site in partnership with the site EH&S Coordinator and Corporate EH&S leadership.
- Responsible for environmental programs on site and coordinating activities with Corporate EH&S resources.
- Works closely with management and human resources on employee relations matters; to ensure compliance with Contract Bargaining Agreement
- Ensures proper hiring and training of all employees in partnership with HR Business partner.
- Maintains a positive and healthy relationship with the community and regulatory agencies.
- Responsible for food and feed safety working in close coordination with site Quality Control Supervisor and Quality Assurance Manager.
- Responsible for verifying the QA Manager has been notified of any incident affecting food or feed safety.
- Coordinates activities with site QA Manager to ensure all food products are manufactured in accordance with industry and regulatory standards for quality and food safety.
- Supervises the activities of direct reports.
- Collaborates with the R&D and Commercial teams during production scale-up efforts, production validation, and customer trials.
- Ensures that staff manages quality in all transactions of production and services to customers, company and plant specifications.
- Works directly with Plant Manager to manage all expenditures including both expense and capital for their area of responsibility. Responsibilities include managing overall operations costs, capital expenditures, and budgets. This includes forecasting and meeting current budget commitments.
- Accountable for the overall management of the organization in their area of responsibility at the Verona facility to accomplish the plants and companies' policy by continuously improving the organizations capabilities.
- Works directly with Plant Manager to manage plant operations including Production, Maintenance, Logistics, Warehouse and Planning for their area of responsibility. Will function as Site Leader when Plant Manager is traveling or during absences/vacations.
- Ensures production schedules are appropriate to ensure that orders are met within specified lead times and finished goods inventories are maintained at the proper level.
- Works directly with the Plant Manager in the planning and analysis of production and process improvements both financially and non-financially. Assists in determining Sets budgets for their area of responsibility by continually setting improved targets over the results and according to the business level requirements. Communicates the score card to all employees.
- Coordinates and supervises the implementation of process, equipment and facility capital projects in their area of responsibility
- Plant Host during customer, regulatory, and investor visits in their area of responsibility.
- Prepares and submits the timely delivery of activity and monthly reports to keep the Plant Manager and others informed about the status of plant activities in their area of responsibility.
- Perform or direct any incident investigations as required for any and all incidents (e.g. Quality, Safety, Productivity) in their area of responsibility.
- BS Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering preferred with a total of 10 years' experience with 3+ years of production management in food, pharmaceutical, or high purity chemical manufacturing
- Candidate must have experience with process optimization, managing small capital projects (<500K) and improving process capability.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency with computers and various software applications
- Knowledge of advance troubleshooting methods
- Ability to conduct effective on-the-job training
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Primarily office environment.
- Some work in Production area which periodically reaches temperature above 100 degrees, noise above ambient levels, proximity to moving mechanical parts, potential exposure to chemicals which is constantly monitored, and wears respirator when manufacturing specified products.
Balchem is committed to a workplace culture that values and promotes diversity, inclusion, equal employment opportunities, and a work environment free of harassment and hostility.