Balchem Corporation develops, manufactures and markets specialty ingredients that improve and enhance the health and well-being of life on the planet, providing state-of-the-art solutions and the finest quality products for a range of industries worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is located in New Hampton, New York, (Hudson Valley area) and we have a broad network of sales offices, manufacturing sites, and R&D centers, primarily located in the US and Europe. Founded in 1967, Balchem is a publicly traded company (NASDAQ BCPC) with annual revenues over $640 million and a market cap exceeding $3.0 billion. The company consists of three business segments: Human Nutrition & Health; Animal Nutrition & Health; and Specialty Products. Balchem employs over 1,400 people worldwide who are engaged in diverse activities, committed to developing the company into global market leadership positions. To learn more about our dynamic, stable and growing company, visit www.balchem.com
Provide process and project engineering support across various engineering disciplines in conjunction with Safety, Quality, Operations, and R&D. This position primarily services the Utah-based (Ogden and Slat Lake City) Balchem locations, but may support other locations dependent on business needs.
- Follows and enforces all safety policies and procedures including use of safety equipment (PPE) and equipment safeguards. Performs Job Hazard Analyses, Safety Observations, and training as required. Responsible for the safe performance of contract work in the facility. Works to advance and promote the safety culture of the site.
- Determines the feasibility of proposed projects and recommends the structural, mechanical, electrical, operational or other requirements, for Sr. management approval.
- Coordinates cross-functional scope, design, and project reviews.
- Designs, develops, and installs approved construction and manufacturing projects.
- Coordinates and supervises the implementation process for priority projects. Responsible for performance to budget and timeline for his or her projects.
- Submits recommendations on Safety, Quality, and Efficiency initiatives and projects to Senior Management for approval.
- Coordinates and supervises the work of contractors, design engineers, and specialists.
- Ensures that specifications, material requirements, drawings and estimating of project costs are completed, compiles the results and prepares recommendations / capital appropriations.
- Prepares purchase requisitions for equipment and services to assure timely completion of projects.
- Ensures the preparation of activity reports to keep others informed about the status of projects and activities.
- Submits periodic budget and status reports on capital items under his or her control.
- Develop / submit project lists, justifications and cost estimates for the capital planning process.
- Prepares SOP's for engineering functions, production operations, plant processes, and general procedures.
- Prepares and organizes engineering drawings and standards for buildings, equipment and processes.
- Monitors plant procedures, plant processes, equipment maintenance and makes informed recommendations for improved operations.
- Provides engineering assistance to other departments as needed.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering (Chemical, Electrical, or Mechanical preferred) with a detailed knowledge of process design, controls, project management, mechanical design, and construction methods and their practical application.
A minimum of 5 years (10 years - ideal) of experience including project management and scheduling, plant operations, equipment maintenance and process control equipment and theory.
Travel to other Balchem locations may be required occasionally as business needs require.
Work intermittently involves climbing, standing, walking, and tactile evaluation when checking out processes or equipment.
Operates various equipment such as computers, instruments, measuring tools etc.
Works mostly inside in an office environment, but periodically outside subject to changes in environmental conditions and temperatures.