Balchem Corporation develops, manufactures and markets specialty ingredients that improve and enhance the health and well-being of life on the planet, providing state-of-the-art solutions and the finest quality products for a range of industries worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is located in New Hampton, New York, (Hudson Valley area) and we have a broad network of sales offices, manufacturing sites, and R&D centers, primarily located in the US and Europe. Founded in 1967, Balchem is a publicly traded company (NASDAQ BCPC) with annual revenues over $640 million and a market cap exceeding $3.0 billion. The company consists of three business segments: Human Nutrition & Health; Animal Nutrition & Health; and Specialty Products. Balchem employs over 1,400 people worldwide who are engaged in diverse activities, committed to developing the company into global market leadership positions. To learn more about our dynamic, stable and growing company, visit www.balchem.com
Must enjoy deep cleaning and sanitation. Needs to be aware of allergen cleans and the use of chemicals. Required to continually wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) supplied by Balchem and monitor use of chemicals while cleaning. Must be willing to learn, teach, and inspire others who will follow. Needs to have a positive attitude and be aware of safety of themselves and others at all times.
- Cleaning and sanitizing equipment at various times of day or night, depending on the shift.
- Full training of PPE, Chemicals, product knowledge, and equipment in all areas of production and packaging will be required.
- This team member must show speed, integrity, and positive attitude in their sanitation job.
- Must be a team player and work well with others while performing sanitation duties.
- Dependability and reliability is a must in making the sanitation team a success.
- Great work ethics are also required to be a successful sanitation team member.
- Perform others duties as assigned.
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures, i.e. personnel, safety, and equipment maintenance and upkeep. Become proficient in areas of production and safety policies and procedures (accident/injury reporting, blood borne pathogens, confined spaces, emergency evacuation, equipment operation/maintenance, hazard communication, ladders, lockout/tag out, personal protective equipment, etc.).
High School Diploma or general education degree (GED) required. One to three months related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education or experience. Individual must be equipped with strong motivation, organization, time management, documentation, and communication skills (both orally and written). Must have excellent attention to detail and have the ability to multi-task and prioritize. Demonstration of strong work ethics (punctual, dependable, and trustworthy). Ability to utilize common sense and skills in completing responsibilities conforming to Company personnel and safety procedures. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Must be able to communicate and handle conflict in a professional manner. Ability to give and welcome feedback and contribute to building a positive team spirit.
Individual will continually be required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, to talk and hear, and to utilize specific vision abilities including but not limited to close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Regularly required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl, using proper ergonomic principles, taste, smell, and lift up to 50 pounds, utilizing safe and proper lift techniques and equipment. Individual will rarely be required to sit.
Individual will operate equipment, including but not limited to computers, drafting equipment and instruments involving scientific meters and measuring devices. The ability to distinguish colors is required.
Balchem requires anyone working in the plant or entering the plant to adhere to the personal protective equipment policies and procedures. All personal protective equipment furnished must be worn by all employees when required or needed to perform proper and safe working conditions.
Individual may rarely be exposed to wet or humid conditions, working near moving mechanical parts, work in extreme heat (non-weather), work in high noise levels and vibration. Individual may also be periodically working in high or precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outdoor weather conditions, and extreme cold (non-weather).