See all jobs in Waco TX
Job Location: Waco, TX
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION: The Envases Group is a worldwide supplier of quality packaging solutions. The Envases Group is divided into three packaging divisions - PET Packaging, Aluminum Beverage Packaging and Food & Industrial Packaging - each with special competences within their field to serve customers the best way possible.
Our core value is to supply high quality packaging solutions, always striving for growing our business in order to be the market leader in the markets we operate in.
Envases Group is expanding global presence by the plan to open its first aluminum beverage can production and distribution center in Waco, Texas. The Waco operation will focus on aluminum beverage containers commonly used for soft drinks, beers, energy drinks, teas and non-carbonated beverages.
Thank you for having interest in our employment opportunities.
REQ NUMBER: ACC-21-00007
NUMBER OF OPENINGS: 1
POSITION: Assistant Controller
We are looking for an experienced Assistant Controller to monitor all financial data and prepare timely, accurate and reliable financial statements for our company. Assistant Controller responsibilities include budgeting, forecasting, capital expenditure monitoring, accounts payable, accounts receivable, month-end closing, cost accounting, payroll processing, managing tax payments and performing internal audits. This position will support the general ledger, standard revenue recognition process/management, cost accounting, perform monthly variance calculations, inventory and depreciation analysis and maintain and test appropriate cash management accounting controls and policies. Ultimately, the role will ensure all our accounting transactions comply with the General Accepted Accounting Principles ("GAAP"), law and in support of Company goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Responsibilities of all Envases Employees:
- Assists in the preparation of financial and business-related analyses. Evaluate such areas as financial and expense performance, risk based capital and investments
- May be assigned analysis in support of organization's annual planning/budgeting process
- Assists with financial forecasting, financial projects and analysis of operational results
- Assists in identifying financial trends and developments in competitive markets / environments
- Assists in the preparation of periodic findings to be presented to senior management
- Prepare accounting reports as necessary including, cost, inventory, general ledger, cash management, fixed assets, etc.
- Perform cash management and revenue accounting tasks that can include multiple international manufacturing sites
- Build activity-based budgeting models to help analyze and establish standard production costs with labor and overhead materials
- Prepare month-end financial statements
- Perform and enter journal entries as part of the period end close functions
- Perform various GL reconciliations in a timely and accurate manner
- Analyze financial information by developing templates
- Advise and work with Business Units concerning procedures, financial information and adjustments to GL
- Prepare an invoice for weekly expenses related to personnel, which involves payroll operations, training, transportation, etc.
- Preparing the monthly profit and loss, and balance sheet reports
- Regularly review the balances of liabilities in transit and advances to maintain adequate balances of creditors in the accounting
- Tax reporting and inventory processing; determine the state/federal taxes or others that apply in the entity to comply with the obligations
- Advising on estimates for project funding
- Creating KPI reports
- Preparing weekly cash flow statements, and controlling expenditure and cash flow
- Assisting with the preparation of year-end accounts and statutory accounts
- Responding to financial inquiries by gathering and interpreting data
- Conducting internal audits
- Examining financial records for accuracy
DISCLAIMER: The above job functions are meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
- Commit to ensuring the health/wellness of our employees and product
- Ensure the jobs/operations are completely safely to protect employees and to ensure the sustainability of company equipment/machinery
- Ensure the security of the workforce and sustain any client confidentiality requests
- Deliver timely and efficiently without hindering quality of services and work to ensure the team's success in meeting our client delivery schedules
- Team centered to perform your job successfully while identifying ways to help others be successful too; willingness to learn; works at a fast pace, actively pursues tasks or direction; willing to work extended hours and adapt to changing work schedules as well as assignments; determines what work needs to be done without instruction; takes action to complete additional work that is beneficial to the team without being instructed
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field required; MBA and/or CPA preferred
- Minimum 7+ years' experience as Assistant Controller or similar role, experience in manufacturing preferred
- Excellent analytical skills with a sound understanding of accounting principles
- Experience working with ERP and financial reporting systems.
- Experience performing physical inventory and cycle counts
- Knowledge of GAAP and Statutory accounting policies and procedures preferred
- Experience in using SAP, calculation of Federal and State tax on labor laws, payroll, unemployment, travel, bonuses, etc.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills for relaying data (verbally and in-writing) between other employees and vendors/suppliers
- Strong organizational skills and proven ability to maintain accurate, detailed records that will be audited periodically
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once with tight deadlines
- High-level of comfort in working with numbers and spreadsheets; ability to create statistical reports
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be a self-starter and have the desire and ability to take ownership and responsibility with little direction
- Knowledge of Federal and State Taxation laws
- Ability to be adaptable, flexible and advance existing skill sets to be able to serve future office needs in additional capacities
- Ability to be pragmatic in decision making; requires high integrity
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality at all times
- Ability to take direction, coaching and act positively to improve performance
- Prefer Bilingual verbal and written communication skills in English & Spanish
- Preference will be given to qualified local candidates
SOFTWARE/COMPUTER SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- General knowledge of basic hardware and software and uses of a variety of different computer operating systems such as Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook, Google Workspace, and web-site software
- Proficient keyboarding and typing skills
ENVIRONMENTAL & PHYSICAL FACTORS: The physical demands and work environment described below represent the activities and surroundings of the position(s). Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Works primarily indoors in a well-lighted air-conditioned office. Daily contact with the public, departmental personnel and vendors. Frequent sitting, standing, walking and occasional bending. May lift, carry, pull / push, and reach for supplies and on occasion lifting (up to 15 lbs.) while performing various aspects of the job. Position requires the capability of managing stress effectively; work is fast paced and can be demanding. Work requires organizing; prioritizing; accuracy and attention to detail. Flexibility in order to assist with/coordinate a variety of projects and activities and to adapt standard methods and procedures to differing conditions; works in high volume fast paced environment. Employee often works independently.
HOURS / SPECIAL CONDITIONS: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm; present to fulfill job duties & meet operational demands/support; schedule may vary depending on plant operational needs thus flexibility is required which could include long days, occasional evening & weekends; regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of this position; position may require travel to meetings, conferences, workshops or other facilities.
EOE STATEMENT: Envases Commerce LLC. is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits employment discrimination practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.