See all jobs in Waco TX
Job Location: Waco, TX
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION: The Envases Group is a worldwide supplier of quality packaging solutions. The Envases Group is divided into three packaging divisions - PET Packaging, Aluminum Beverage Packaging and Food & Industrial Packaging - each with special competences within their field to serve customers the best way possible.
Our core value is to supply high quality packaging solutions, always striving for growing our business in order to be the market leader in the markets we operate in.
Envases Group is expanding global presence by the plan to open its first aluminum beverage can production and distribution center in Waco, Texas. The Waco operation will focus on aluminum beverage containers commonly used for soft drinks, beers, energy drinks, teas and non-carbonated beverages.
Thank you for having interest in our employment opportunities.
REQ NUMBER: SUP-21-00003
CATEGORY: Supply Chain Management
NUMBER OF OPENINGS: 1
This position must be highly organized, innovative and resourceful serving to identify and improve inventory management, reduce purchase budgets to increase revenue and deliver superior products in a timely manner. This position must provide passionate customer service to internal and external contacts while serving to be resourceful in researching suppliers, products and negotiating costs and/or delivery dates.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Responsibilities of all Envases Employees:
- Partners with management to determine the materials and supplies needed for operations, identify what best meets the operational needs and identify what materials require expedited delivery dates while ensuring costs are reduced
- Review purchase requests, determine purchasing requirements, determine when bulk ordering better serves given the usage periods and discounted costs
- Determine the product specifications, ensure the specifications meet the end user needs
- Researches and advises on market trends, new product and service developments and alternative source selections
- Identify suppliers by researching materials, equipment, and supplies availability; evaluating alternatives; verifying supplier performance record and certification, make recommendations for change as necessary
- Prepares bid specifications; compiles vendor list; distributes bids; answers inquiries from vendors; maintains job organization folder
- Processes requisitions and obtains purchase orders as needed; reviews purchase requisitions for appropriate specifications, develops specifications; analyzes purchase requisitions and other purchase requests to determine method of procurement
- Negotiate price, terms, and delivery when placing orders
- Ensures all requirements by vendor have been met, reviews and analyzes bids/proposals for responsiveness, prices, terms, conditions and adherence to specifications;
- Provides customer service to departments regarding purchasing policies and procedures and frequently assists departments with usage of procurement software
- Maintains record of annual contracts and reissues bids when applicable
- Conducts price surveys and studies; generates reports; assists with departmental correspondence
- Ensure material, equipment, and supply availability by tracking and expediting delivery
- Reconcile purchase orders with delivery documentation and resolve discrepancies by obtaining credits or refunds
- Develop, maintain and improve business relations with vendors and internal client groups
- Provide purchasing planning and control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends
DISCLAIMER: The above job functions are meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
- Commit to ensuring the health/wellness of our employees and product
- Ensure the jobs/operations are completely safely to protect employees and to ensure the sustainability of company equipment/machinery
- Ensure the security of the workforce and sustain any client confidentiality requests
- Deliver timely and efficiently without hindering quality of services and work to ensure the team's success in meeting our client delivery schedules
- Team centered to perform your job successfully while identifying ways to help others be successful too; willingness to learn; works at a fast pace, actively pursues tasks or direction; willing to work extended hours and adapt to changing work schedules as well as assignments; determines what work needs to be done without instruction; takes action to complete additional work that is beneficial to the team without being instructed
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Required - High school diploma or GED; prefer Associate's degree in Business Administration, Management, or related field
- 2 years' experience in purchasing of commodities, materials, equipment, and/or supplies on a large scale; 5 years' experience preferred with specific knowledge of purchasing in an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Experience with material certifications preferred
- Current and Valid Driver's License
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills for relaying data (verbally and in-writing) between other employees and vendors/suppliers
- Strong organizational skills and proven ability to maintain accurate, detailed records that will be audited periodically
- Knowledge of sources of supply, markets and price trends, and the various grades and qualities of a wide variety of materials, supplies and equipment; technical understanding of company products, services, and activities
- Proven propensity for documenting/tracking records and maintaining budget expenditures
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once with tight deadlines
- High-level of comfort in working with numbers and spreadsheets; ability to reconcile financial records
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Travel required for training and to regularly conduct business with and meet with vendors/suppliers
- Must be able to identify and execute improvement opportunities through both process improvements and system improvements
- Strong understanding of supply chain systems, practices, process, and procedures.
- Must be a self-starter and have the desire and ability to take ownership and responsibility with little direction
- Ability to be pragmatic in decision making; requires high integrity
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, terminology and techniques of public accounting, finance, budget, bookkeeping and cash flow analysis
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic, algebra and statistics including add, subtract, multiply, divide, interest, decimals and percentages
- Preference will be given to qualified local candidates
SOFTWARE/COMPUTER SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- General knowledge of basic hardware and software and uses of a variety of different computer operating systems such as Microsoft Office Work, Excel, Outlook, Google Workspace, and web-site software
- Prior experience with enterprise-wide purchasing software
- Prior experience with supply chain inventory databases
- Proficient keyboarding and typing skills
ENVIRONMENTAL & PHYSICAL FACTORS: The physical demands and work environment described below represent the activities and surroundings of the position(s). Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Works primarily indoors in a well-lighted air-conditioned office. Daily contact with the public, other departmental personnel and vendors. When working with surplus and scrap materials, will occasionally be required to work outside and/or in an unaired conditioned warehouse. Continuous use of vision, hearing and speech. Frequent sitting, standing, walking and occasional bending. May lift, carry, pull / push, and reach for supplies and on occasion lifting (up to 50 lbs.) while performing various aspects of the job.
HOURS / SPECIAL CONDITIONS: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm; present to fulfill job duties & meet operational demands/support; schedule may vary depending on plant operational needs thus flexibility is required which could include long days, occasional evening & weekends; Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of this position
EOE STATEMENT: Envases Commerce LLC. is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits employment discrimination practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.