APPI Energy is searching for a vigorous, diligent person ready to learn about our organization and join our dedicated team! As an Energy Sales Associate, you will shadow senior-level energy sales consultants to gather knowledge within the industry, quickly establishing yourself as an energy expert. Energy Sales Associates will complete tasks assigned by the energy sales consultant(s), including but are not limited to identifying new business opportunities, analyzing documents, setting up appointments with prospective and current clients, and learning the APPI Energy sale process. To be a successful Energy Sales Associate, you must be eager to learn and prepared to work in a fast-paced environment. The Energy Sales Associate role prepares you to become an Energy Sales Consultant..Requirements:
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work closely with/shadow an Energy Sales Consultant for one year or less.
- Communicate with assigned Energy Sales Consultants' clients by phone, voicemail, email, LinkedIn messages, and video calls.
- Gather and analyze information, bills/invoices, and contracts for clients.
- Evaluate natural gas and electricity bills/invoices with great detail to depict a clear picture of an organization's annual operational energy spend.
- Gain mastery of the energy industry as a whole.
- Observe and apply sales techniques.
- Help develop new prospects and retain existing accounts.
- Update customer relationship management database as needed.
- Analyze documents and research specific topics.
- Attend meetings, events, and other networking opportunities.
- Work actively in Microsoft Excel, organizing and strategically sorting through large data sheets to develop content for current or prospective customers.
- Assist in onboarding and training of new Energy Sales Associates and Energy Sales Interns.
- Performs other assigned tasks.
Skills & Abilities:
- Active listening skills
- Ability to work independently or collaborate with others.
- Ability to improve and develop sales-related strategies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent organization skills to balance a prospect portfolio while multitasking renewal business.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred, but not required.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Ability to travel up to 25% a year.