See all jobs in Austin TX
Job Location: Austin, TX
Region: North America
Ketra, a Lutron Electronics company, has an immediate opening for Principal System Engineer in Austin, TX. In this position you will collaborate with a cross-functional team to drive architecture and electronics design of the most advanced lighting and control products in the industry.
- Specify lighting system partition and architecture.
- Design high performance mixed-signal electronics for lighting systems.
- Develop control algorithms for dynamic lighting systems.
- Validate designs at system level including hardware and software integration.
- Specify lighting product manufacturing methods.
- Frequently cross hardware, firmware, and software boundaries to implement best-in-class lighting concepts.
- BS/MS/PhD degree in Electrical Engineering with a minimum, cumulative GPA of 3.0 required.
- 10+ years' experience in semiconductor, power system, lighting system, consumer electronics, or related industry.
- Experience with architectural specification, mixed signal design, and implementation.
- Experience with PLLs, data conversion, SMPS, feedback design, RF techniques.
- Experience with new product bring-up, debug, validation, and data analysis.
- Experience with noise and parasitic analysis.
- Demonstrated leadership in technology development including product strategy and team mentoring
- Knowledge of power supply safety and EMI standards.
- Knowledge of communication standards and implementations.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, cross-disciplinary environment.
At Ketra, we are transforming the way we experience light. We believe that the light we live under as we work, play, and sleep should be natural. From our home base in Austin, Texas, we are building the most advanced technology for beautiful light - from the proprietary semiconductor in each light to a complete re-imagining of the user experience. The lighting industry is changing, and we are leading the charge.
After a decade of developing our innovative lighting technology, Ketra was acquired by Lutron Electronics in 2018. Pairing Lutron's history as an established leader in lighting controls and shades with Ketra's product offerings brings new and exciting possibilities to both brands and our customers.
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our websites at www.ketra.com and www.lutron.com . EOE/AA.