Enjet Aero machines and fabricates complex jet engine parts, components and assemblies for leading OEMs in the commercial, defense and general aviation sectors. Our goal is to be regarded as an irreplaceable resource by our customers. The only way for a company to meet such a goal is to consistently meet production deadlines and expectations.
Position Description: Quality Control Technician will perform in-process and 1st article inspections, evaluate part to print specifications and understand the inspection methods used for inspection and support the manufacturing process and personnel, while adhering to the Quality Policy and AS9100 requirements. The Quality Control Technician actively supports and improves the quality of the production line output and is involved in problem solving issues. This is a 2nd shift position which reports to the Quality Manager
- Report accurately and efficiently to the Quality Manager and Quality Team
- Perform in-process and 1st article inspections
- Record and file inspection/test results both hard copies and electronic
- Perform daily/real time MRB accounting and dispositions
- Evaluate part to print specifications
- Maintain filing of Certification of customer shipping packets
- Perform calibration system maintenance, equipment tracking, record keeping and consolidation
- Make mold casts to check ID dimensions
- Coordinate the pickup of tools for calibration, if required
- Maintain calibration log and associated history for the Quality Manager Audits
- Assist in performing internal audits in AS9100
- Perform other duties as required
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a Quality Technician, Inspector or equivalent
- Proficient at reading blueprints and Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance (GD&T) comprehension
- Knowledge of dimensional symbols
- Ability to identify dimensional and visual defects
- Ability to use/read inspection tools, such as micrometers, calipers, height gauges, comparators, vision systems, etc.
- Experience running and troubleshooting CMM or Vision inspection systems
- Ability to read MPP, drawings, process, and procedures
- Able to understand and implement customer specifications and requirements
- Experience with completing 1st article inspections, in-process inspections and final inspections
- Must have strong knowledge of aerospace specifications and requirements; previous experience with AS9100 is preferred
- Must have experience with MRB, CARs and Preventative Actions, 8Ds, etc.
- Must be able to know the importance of keeping material heats and types separate
- Team oriented; ability to work with production, engineering, and materials personnel
- Organized, accurate and detail oriented to complete all paperwork, as required
- Knowledgeable of various inspection reports
- Computer skills: MS Office, Quality Software, ERP System, Gage tracking software
- Ability to work without supervision with a demonstrated ability to excel in a dynamic, high pressure environment
- Technical Degree in an industrial related field (Quality, Industrial, Mechanical, Aerospace) preferred, but not mandatory
Benefits: Enjet offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees including paid time off, health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, paid holidays, a 401K retirement plan, disability insurance, and more.
As an EOE/AA employer, Enjet Aero will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, veteran status, marital status or physical challenges.