Job ID: 2021-1685
# of Openings: 1
The Staff Accountant key role is in support of the Corporate Accounting Manager. Incumbent is responsible for computing, classifying and recording numerical data to ensure financial records are accurate. This position is responsible for performing monthly account reconciliations timely and accurately.
- Perform cash management and treasury related functions on a daily basis by ensuring cash reports are prepared and distributed to the responsible parties.
- Post bank related transaction to the general ledger on daily basis.
- Post intercompany accounts receivable incoming/outgoing wires. CAP payments against affiliate loans.
- Review outstanding checks on a monthly basis and investigate checks over six months. Move unissued aged outstanding checks to unclaimed funds account.
- Review existing unclaimed property schedules to ensure compilation of transactions are accurate.
- Reconcile assigned accounts on a monthly basis. Prepare account reconciliation in Blackline no later than the 20th of the month for the prior accounting month.
- Reviewing and communicating open purchase orders on a weekly basis.
- Reviewing and communicating accounts payable aging schedule on a weekly basis.
- Log outgoing checks on a daily basis and distribute to responsible parties.
- Record NSF checks upon receipt and consistently follow-up with managers to collect.
- Record monthly bank fees by the 2nd of the month.
- Review vendor accruals schedule and ensure accruals are reversed once invoice had been received and paid.
- Perform month-end manual bank and intercompany reconciliations and communicate discrepancies with responsible parties.
- Process credit card refunds and voided transactions in the Cenpos platform.
- Comply with federal, state and company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Provide coverage and/or assistance for other accounting staff when needed.
- Assist in preparation of documents requested for the fiscal yearend audit.
- Support management with special projects and/or job related functions as they may arise.
- Bachelors Degree (BA) or equivalent from a four-year college or technical school.
- Relevant experience as an Automotive Store Accounting Clerk for three to five years may be substituted for Associates degree requirements.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Proper email and telephone etiquette.
- Ability to work in team environments as well as independently.
- Ability to multitask and be highly organized and flexible.
- Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others.
- Professional personal appearance.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Proficient in ADP/CDK Drive XL DMS.